Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Do you use any additives?

Green Pro Clean Ltd

A long time ago I was given a bottle of Vision to try out.  Used it a a half capful per 500l of water.  

Don't know if it made the glass any shinier but I do like using it as it has small 'bubbles' that let you see how well the water is sheeting off.  

No need to worry about these bubbles drying as they won't leave spots. 

My bottle is finally running out so I have ordered some Vision V2 to try this time. 

Do you have an addative you like and if so what is it? 

Tried them and sacked them off, I just decided their wasn't any real difference.

County Durham Lad

Yeh same. Tried Vision 1, made absolute no difference to the clean apart from bubbles on the window. I asked several customers who I’m close with whether they saw any difference... 100% feedback of “No not really” lol 

So I don’t know why but I was gullible enough to buy V2... ah man was awful kept leaving white smudges that had to be microfibred off after. Rang the guy a load of rubbish “that’s weird first ever report I’ve heard of that mate, you’re obviously not shaking it enough” I shook it the usual side to side (which anyone would do/does) for 5-6 seconds before applying while filling my tank.

Total waste of time money. Makes no difference to me or my customers windows at all.

Each to their own 

In my opinion we spend thousands of pounds on filtration to remove impurities then openly chuck these  addertives in the tank shear madness , they are not needed if using pure water it’s a placebo effect half a cap full isn’t going to do anything in 500 ltr of water , this subject has been discussed several times and many have said that they used these things thinking that it was good then stopped using them and realised that they do nothing , some evan said it slowed down the rinsing due to the bubbles and when they dried where the bubbles had been there was rings , each to there own but hot pure has worked fine for us and we won’t be using them 

My Vision 2 has just run out after 6 months I've just this minute ordered some I think it's brilliant I clean my own windows and they are perfect and I've had no complaints plus it looks to the Customer that some kind of cleaner is in the water as they see the bubbles it's worth it just for that.

In my opinion we spend thousands of pounds on filtration to remove impurities then openly chuck these  addertives in the tank shear madness , they are not needed if using pure water it’s a placebo effect half a cap full isn’t going to do anything in 500 ltr of water , this subject has been discussed several times and many have said that they used these things thinking that it was good then stopped using them and realised that they do nothing , some evan said it slowed down the rinsing due to the bubbles and when they dried where the bubbles had been there was rings , each to there own but hot pure has worked fine for us and we won’t be using them 
I have tried and used all sorts of additives

Some work and some don't

I am using something at the moment which I only need a few ml per 100l and it definitely makes a huge difference to the clean and subsequent cleans and is definitely not a placebo effect

I bought some Vision V2 and I haven't opened it yet. I figured I've spent allllll this money on trying to get pure water I ain't gonna start putting stuff in it. I also read someone say it can start to clog up your pump and leave residue in your tank after so long. That may or may not be true but no thanks not gonna take that chance.

Anyone wanna buy some Vision V2?  :1f602:

A lot of my work is internal and external so I get to see the quality of the clean  regular and pure water on it's own produces perfect results to the eye.I fail to see how an additive will improve on already clean glass.

And as for people and customers liking the bubbles'my 2 year old is fascinated by bubbles I didn't think adults would be.

One think that stands out from all additives is none are based on fact.There is no fact it cleans better, faster etc the only fact is it may smell different.Every one has had different results with the product some admiting it has a placebo effect to them. A product which tends to be knocked up by some window cleaner in his garage is based on hype. 

Then the price at £20 for 500ml it's as dear if not more than champagne.

Save your selves some money and chuck some dishwasher rinse aid in it will probably have the same effect.

Every body seems to want to be a chemist these days knocking up additives and tfr in there garage. Repackaging and selling it on for an inflated price to gullable window cleaners.

Each to there own and if you think it works for you then carry on but it's up there with ionics ppb and just not needed for regular maintenance window cleaning in my opinion.

I used a sample a few years ago.

I didnt feel one way or another about it really but I've never bothered to buy any more as I didn't notice any difference when using it.

I used V1 for a year and other than the bubbles and the smell noticed no difference whatsoever to the cleaning power of my kit. I then tried V2 and what a surprise.... noticed no difference again.  From all the advertising given to it on the forums you would have thought old stained frames would have been completely rejuvenated. I expected to see at least some appreceable difference.  In reality, it didn't even stop new frames from getting stained.

One observation I made with regad to V2 is that left standing it will separate from the water and sink to the bottom of the tank like sludge. And reading how a number on the forums have had it clog strainers, I wonder why anyone would put it in their tanks unless they drain them dry every day.

So for me it didn't do what it is claimed it will do. The separation issue also concerned me.

Pure works fine on it's own with a good brush!

I’ve used added sparkle and difference for me is speed of brush across glass. I’ve a round with 20-22 houses and really struggled to get in during winter but now can do with an hour to spare. From my POV I don’t really see much difference in clean, it the ease of the brush across glass.

We use vision v2 & wouldn’t be without it. adds a bit of slip and the brush glides easier.
Think about washing windows trad, would you do it with just water alone, nooo you add dish soap.
After not using it for the first few years im glad we started,

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Any suggestions @kevinc250?
that's quite a difficult one in all honesty,it depends on what to want to see or if you want a quicker clean or have problems with say insect poo etc there is a bit of hype surrounding additives fed both by the makers but by window cleaners too both good and bad comments in the time of social media and forums everyone has a opinion it seems.

if your undecisive over which one to choose it could be worth emailing the makers for reccomendations? what works for me may not work for you/you'll feel let down and feel it a waste of money

wish I could be of more help but I wouldn't want to influence anyone into buying something that may not be suitable for there needs

A lot of my work is internal and external so I get to see the quality of the clean  regular and pure water on it's own produces perfect results to the eye.I fail to see how an additive will improve on already clean glass.

And as for people and customers liking the bubbles'my 2 year old is fascinated by bubbles I didn't think adults would be.

One think that stands out from all additives is none are based on fact.There is no fact it cleans better, faster etc the only fact is it may smell different.Every one has had different results with the product some admiting it has a placebo effect to them. A product which tends to be knocked up by some window cleaner in his garage is based on hype. 

Then the price at £20 for 500ml it's as dear if not more than champagne.

Save your selves some money and chuck some dishwasher rinse aid in it will probably have the same effect.

Every body seems to want to be a chemist these days knocking up additives and tfr in there garage. Repackaging and selling it on for an inflated price to gullable window cleaners.

Each to there own and if you think it works for you then carry on but it's up there with ionics ppb and just not needed for regular maintenance window cleaning in my opinion.
Trouble is a bottle of Champagne won't last you 6 months, it must be working because you can feel the brush has extra slip on the glass. 

Def. Using now ! I use vision V2 , dont thing it has Much sheeting effect on phobic glass , but likes it bubbly and kind of " thick water" effect. And ive noticed the glass being more shiny and brush glides easier , it gets you a bit addicted i guess  :1f609:  but i use 2 caps to 350 l as i found it better.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought some Vision V2 and I haven't opened it yet. I figured I've spent allllll this money on trying to get pure water I ain't gonna start putting stuff in it. I also read someone say it can start to clog up your pump and leave residue in your tank after so long. That may or may not be true but no thanks not gonna take that chance.

Anyone wanna buy some Vision V2?  :1f602:
Why not make your own opinion , you bought it ,so something must have convinced you ... Its good stuff. 

Why not make your own opinion , you bought it ,so something must have convinced you ... Its good stuff. 

Well, I bought it, then kept on reading things about it. By the time it arrived I just came to conclusion that pure water was good enough for me. I not gonna risk getting sludge in my tank or my pump. Wether or not that actually happens, I'm not taking the risk.

Back