Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Torn between 2 brushes!!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Clisty1989

I'm ordering my new brush tomorrow and keep changing my mind over which brush to get. Currently use a superlite sill brush but want to try something different, but can't decide between the ultimate Dupont or the universal. Not too fussed on weight but would like a brush that it going to last, great scrubbing power and be good on sills. My work is about 50% leaded, and don't wanna mess about with swapping brushes if I can. Anyone used both? If so which did you prefer. Any help would be great, cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
To be honest the best brush for sils is a sil brush. I got the universal brush and the with its shape you have to keep turning it to get in corners etc I know you say weights not at problem but using that all day and you will feel it. The universal is not very good for leaded the blue brisials are super stiff and will scratch it.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I'm ordering my new brush tomorrow and keep changing my mind over which brush to get. Currently use a superlite sill brush but want to try something different, but can't decide between the ultimate Dupont or the universal. Not too fussed on weight but would like a brush that it going to last, great scrubbing power and be good on sills. My work is about 50% leaded, and don't wanna mess about with swapping brushes if I can. Anyone used both? If so which did you prefer. Any help would be great, cheers.
DuPont is my favourite brush apart from leaded, if your round is 50% leaded I would also get the superlite compact flock which is on offer ATM £13.50 with the quickloc system takes seconds to change and you not look back, I do prefer the ultimate flock as its lighter but it's full price. 

To be honest the best brush for sils is a sil brush. I got the universal brush and the with its shape you have to keep turning it to get in corners etc I know you say weights not at problem but using that all day and you will feel it. The universal is not very good for leaded the blue brisials are super stiff and will scratch it.

I’ll second that,

i have the universal which I used for one clean and not used since, it just doesn’t get into the corners and edges very well, the normal sill version is my go to brush for most houses. 

I havnt used the Dupont yet, but for leaded and Georgian I find the ultimate flocked very good. I use a bumper with this so as not to mark the sills. 

I was heading in that direction as I have a sill brush and quite like it. I hadn't thought the universal's shape would make getting into corners more difficult. Thanks

DuPont for me as a cold water user love it last few weeks, hope it stands the test of time. 

DuPont is my favourite brush apart from leaded, if your round is 50% leaded I would also get the superlite compact flock which is on offer ATM £13.50 with the quickloc system takes seconds to change and you not look back, I do prefer the ultimate flock as its lighter but it's full price. 
Unfortunately at this moment I can only afford 1 brush as got to get few other bits and bobs, I'm swayed towards the universal, then maybe get the Dupont in a few weeks depending on how I get on with the universal

I have nearly every brush known to man, apart from the universal brush so cannot comment on it. I am always chopping and changing brushes some accorinding to the job I'm doing but the other is boredom. But I have this week been using the Facelift Phoenix dual trim brush and its a cracker. You can feel it cleaning the upstairs sills and gives a wicked scrub on the glass and has a great splay and gets into all corners with ease. Its been a pleasure to use, I'm normally a Gardiner man but this brush has made me think.

Has anyone checked to see how the Dupont cleans on upstairs sills.
No issue what so ever does a great job, I did a first clean 2 weeks ago windows hadn't being cleaned for 6 months surrounded by trees near a main road  2 bay windows upstairs with trapped crud between frame and sill, I asked the client who was home at the time if they would mind quickly checking the upper sills for me as I wanted them to be a 100% she said they were perfect. 

Back