Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

IPS Pro Sprayer

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Dennis Taylor

Well i dont know if ive just been unlucky or the IPS Pro sprayer really isnt fit for purpose.

I bought one a few months ago thinking this bit of kit was going to be the answer to spraying gutters and facias with Ubik, spraying Hypo in those hard to reach areas and for applying TFR etc to Conservatory roofs.

I have had nothing but problems with mine, almost from day one.

It has had 2 new sets of seals and even went back to the place i bought it from, it was returned and worked fine...... for the first 2 jobs and then back to square one again.

The pump just doesnt want to suck anything out of a barrel anymore. Ive flushed it through with pure water after every use.

I can put it away working fine but the next time i take it out of the box....... nothing.

Had it of been a cheap bit of kit i would have binned it and put it down to experience, but cheap it certainly was not.

Have any of you guys bought one and suffered the same problems ?

Just a thought why not use a back pack like Gardiners sell cheap to buy evan using hypo regularly (we do flush it through after use ) but leave a virosol mix in it all the time generaly get 3+ years out of it before it needs replacing 

I bought the IPS as i was fed up with leaky backpacks messing up clothes etc, plus it was able to shoot solution onto gutters, facias and conny roofs from the ground.

I was just interested to know if id bought a duff one or if they are all duff.

Dennis

I was trying to buy an IPS Sprayer for hypo but sold out. Spoke to guy at Rutland Pumps and he said they stopped doing them because the seals kept going on them. Maybe you need to flush out after hypo use.

I did look at them a while ago but decided to stay with the back pack and wfp to spray chemicals on gfs not had a problem with leaks ? Is it still under guarantee? Can you get it replaced under warranty or your money back ? Nothing worse than something that’s unreliable 

Just read your post and I believe the IPS Sprayers are full of problems, they say its to do with the seals. You need to go for Viton metal seals so I was told.
It supposedly has viton seals and has always been flushed thoroughly after use, sounds like they are just **** units.

Ive just ordered a Gardiner backpack. at least you know that their kit is good and after sales are reliable.

It supposedly has viton seals and has always been flushed thoroughly after use, sounds like they are just **** units.

Ive just ordered a Gardiner backpack. at least you know that their kit is good and after sales are reliable.

According to Guy at Rutland pumps that was the reason they stopped selling them, the seals kept going. He told me to buy a pump with Viton seals so you may be right but it has put me off IPS Sprayer for good. I use the V3 backpack but would prefer a hand pump with a 5 metre lance but they are discontinued. How hard can it be to build a reliable sprayer?

I couldn’t agree more, the person that designs a decent sprayer that will perform and last will definitely be onto a winner.

like I said in my original post..... had it have been a cheap item I would have simply binned it and put it down to experience but it was a lot of my hard earned money.

My Gardiners backpack came today and I’m really impressed with the quality and the speed that it will lay down my chemicals. Just wish I’d bought one before I laid out my money on that heap of scrap called an IPS Pro.

IPS it might be..... Pro it certainly isn’t ?

My Gardiners backpack came today and I’m really impressed with the quality and the speed that it will lay down my chemicals. Just wish I’d bought one before I laid out my money on that heap of scrap called an IPS Pro.

IPS it might be..... Pro it certainly isn’t ?
Told you they are good ???using hypo through it will probebly invalidate the warrantee but flush it through after using hypo and it will be fine I find they last at least 3 years and first job it’s paid for it’s self 

I couldn’t agree more, it’s the best bit of kit I’ve bought in a long while, the job I did with it today paid for it 3 times over. I always thought that it wouldn’t be any good for spraying gutters and facias from the ground..... how wrong was I !!!

Itll spray solution over the top of my house from the ground.... happy days.

Thanks for the info.

Im doing what was recommended on here.... after use I flush it through throughly then put about a gallon of pure water mixed with TFR in it before I put it all away.

Thanks again for the recommendation 

Dennis

Latest Posts

Back