Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Saying goodbye to old customers

WCF

Help Support WCF:

steve garwood

ginger lion
I’m in the process of reducing my round a bit as it’s taking 2 of us just over 7 weeks to get round, and I’ve started to feel achey when I get home.

Another windie who I’m friendly with has bought 4 days worth of work off me.

I had some leaflets done explaining to my customers the situation about the new guy taking over, and my worker and I have been posting these after work this week.

A few of these customers are from when I first started, over 22 years ago. These, I knocked to tell them face to face.

One old girl who I’m really friendly with, burst into tears when I told her today and instantly cuddled me.

When she composed herself, she explained how she remembered when I was forty and fifty. 

She remembers me becoming a father and when my second boy was born.

Although ultimately this is a business, it really brings home the personal friendship that can arise in this industry.

Ive promised to pop in and see her every now and then.

Although I’m thrilled and relieved to lighten my load slightly, I still feel a bit guilty ?

I’m in the process of reducing my round a bit as it’s taking 2 of us just over 7 weeks to get round, and I’ve started to feel achey when I get home.

I had some leaflets done explaining to my customers the situation about the new guy taking over, and my worker and I have been posting these after work this week.

A few of these customers are from when I first started, over 22 years ago. These, I knocked to tell them face to face.

One old girl who I’m really friendly with, burst into tears when I told her today and instantly cuddled me.

When she composed herself, she explained how she remembered when I was forty and fifty. 

Although ultimately this is a business, it really brings home the personal friendship that can arise in this industry.

Although I’m thrilled and relieved to lighten my load slightly, I still feel a bit guilty ?
You didnt, did you??.....you dirty dog!!!

I really needed this post as I am beginning to feel a bit paranoid with all the negative stuff you read about customers on forums and facebook.  Thanks for posting it, hope Milwall go up.

I know, for every pita there are 30 good customers.

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

The reverse gets posted though.

I really needed this post as I am beginning to feel a bit paranoid with all the negative stuff you read about customers on forums and facebook.  Thanks for posting it, hope Milwall go up.

The reverse gets posted though.
People only remember the negative. The nice customer who makes you a brew, gives you a slice of cake and asks how your family are gets overshadowed by the PITA who takes 4 weeks to pay :(

Back