Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

GDPR - have you got new consent from your custies?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Mr and Mrs window cleaner

Evening all,

Just wanted to check what others are doing about seeking consent from their customers in advance of the changing regulation. I've just done the ICO self-assesment, the results of which has said we don't need to register but we need to check that we comply with the rules... I'm particularly concerned with the new rules around consent as it looks we need to approach each customer again and get an explicit opt-in to us being able to contact them (chasing payments and texting them the night before to tell them that we're coming the next day).  Has anyone else done anything about this?  Or do we not need to?

https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/lawful-basis-for-processing/consent/

Many thanks,

Jo

I was talking to a mate yesterday who works at a ee call center, he had a meeting yesterday with the head guy of GDPR of BT and they are going to have to change loads of stuff, But big firms have always asked for info they don't need in order in the name of  credit checks and to profile customers. 

We as window cleaners are only asking for basic info in order to provide a service requested by the client and collect payment through GC for example and unless you are doing marketing campaigns through textlocal or mailchimp for example to existing clients then I don't see us having an issue. 

Back