Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Injury in work

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Beer

Anyone here had a bad injury in work for example I've broken my Elbow and dying to get back into work but it's only been a week and I work solo . I'm worrying about losing my customers after I've worked to hard to get thanks

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Anyone here had a bad injury in work for example I've broken my Elbow and dying to get back into work but it's only been a week and I work solo . I'm worrying about losing my customers after I've worked to hard to get thanks

I'm assuming you have contact details of your customers? If so send a blanket text explaining the situation, 99% of people will be fine with it as long as they're informed, the other 1% aren't worth having as customers.

I would let all my customers know and give them an estimated return time. I know it will be hard but any customers that do drop you because of your injury aren't worth a light. 

I cracked my heel in three places due to a fall years ago. I’d only been self employed about six months but luckily when I first started for myself I was in a partnership so he kept the work ticking over and explained to our customers their frequency may be delayed for a few months till I was back in. Straight after that I took out an income protection insurance policy to cover my back financially if anything like this was to ever happen again. An old fella who works in my area has disappeared since last October. I’ve recently found out that he has had an op of some sorts but nobody knows weather he will be back or not. At first I was a little reluctant to take on his customers as I felt a bit sorry for him but over the last month or so I’ve probs took about ten of them on as there’s still been no communication between them and him and they are getting sick of hanging around. Most of them say they wouldn’t mind if he had contacted them so they knew were they stood. I was lucky when I had my accident but I’m sure it wouldn’t be hard to draft a quick letter and send a friend or family member out with your client list so everyone knows what’s happening. I’m still a bit old school in the way I do things but I’m hearing more and more people communicating with their customers via phone and emails so it should be even easier to let them know in that respect.

The worst thing you can do to anyone is not communicate with them nor give them a number to contact you. The person or customer falls in to limbo land and its very frustrating for them. All it takes is a card through the door or a contact number.

Wrong answer, they will wonder what has happened to you and might not bother contacting you and just get someone else.

16 years ago I broke my back and was in hospital for 3 weeks as soon as I out my wife posted letters through every clients door explaining what had happened and I provided them with a expected return date. I never lost a single client as they were all made aware.

County Durham Lad

Yeah man you need to let them know. In the long run its better to make sure you're healed before you go back too (As painful as that is to the old bank balance). We were talking on another thread about the amount of guys that just don't go back. You hear about it too much nowadays so they will just assume you're the same. If you ain't got contact numbers for them and no one to go round with letters for you then just send them via Royal Mail maybe??

Last edited by a moderator:
Back