Share Our Forum With Your Friends!

Posted (edited)

Unfortunately I’ve realised that all my work is underpriced I charge £4.50 a standard small terrace 😢 also only £5 on a 3 bed council estate currently putting them up to £7 and terrace to £6 bungalows are £3 currently for 4 to five windows one being patio doors putting a £1 on them what are the current prices in the northwest ??.. Any help and advice would be great 15 years I’ve done these rounds and more fool me ripped myself of but no more I do top notch job frames cills the lot put prices up only twice in 15 years by 50p stupid I know.all done traditional 

Edited by Christoff1

Report PostReport post

Unfortunately I’ve realised that all my work is underpriced I charge £4.50 a standard small terrace also only £5 on a 3 bed council estate currently putting them up to £7 and terrace to £6 bungalows are £3 currently for 4 to five windows one being patio doors putting a £1 on them what are the current prices in the northwest ??.. Any help and advice would be great 15 years I’ve done these rounds and more fool me ripped myself of but no more I do top notch job frames cills the lot put prices up only twice in 15 years by 50p stupid I know.all done traditional 

What’s your hourly rate based on your current prices? Sounds similar to a round I took over years ago. I’ve put em up twice in four years. Once by roughly 50p per job then more recently by up to a hefty 33%. I’m still told I’m too cheap but I’m makin good money so I’m happy although there is still room for improvement.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Report PostReport post

Look at it this way if your worried about losing customers, say you do 6 jobs at £5 = £30, put them up by £1 and even if you lose one 5 at £6 = £30. Your making the same money with one less job, replace that with same size job at £8 and your up in money turns. Do £1/2 a year until your happy with the price and everyone's on the same price system, reassess then all go up as required. You'll lose some, but if needed go canvassing to replace at a higher price from day 1.

Report PostReport post

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Clisty1989 said:

Look at it this way if your worried about losing customers, say you do 6 jobs at £5 = £30, put them up by £1 and even if you lose one 5 at £6 = £30. Your making the same money with one less job, replace that with same size job at £8 and your up in money turns. Do £1/2 a year until your happy with the price and everyone's on the same price system, reassess then all go up as required. You'll lose some, but if needed go canvassing to replace at a higher price from day 1.

Thank you mate I have a lot of work due to cheap price more than likely so I can afford to loose so many with price going up,a friend was telling me I should charge £8 on terrace and £10 on 3 bed semi that now my aim over the next few years some people just want to pay u penny’s for top job being done seem to think that my prices shouldn’t and don’t go up 😢 well there all in for a shock lol

Edited by Christoff1
Bad spelling

Report PostReport post

3 minutes ago, Dave Shaw said:

That’s quite low to be honest once you factor in expenses and tax so you deffo need the make some changes. Even on my cheaper stuff I’m doing £25/30 per hour.

Around 33% price rise this April across all my work big jump but 100% needed and you guys and this site make me determined to get them up massive help thank you 

Report PostReport post

9 minutes ago, Dave Shaw said:

That’s quite low to be honest once you factor in expenses and tax so you deffo need the make some changes. Even on my cheaper stuff I’m doing £25/30 per hour.

What are your prices for a terrace house with say 6 windows back door with window and small pane above front door frame 

Report PostReport post

What are your prices for a terrace house with say 6 windows back door with window and small pane above front door frame 

My lowest price is £6 for a full house(small terraces and semis). Do a few fronts etc at £4. Many will say that’s still too low but a lot of my work is super compact and been established for 30 years+ so I can still achieve an hourly rate that most would be proud of.

Report PostReport post

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Dave Shaw said:

My lowest price is £6 for a full house(small terraces and semis). Do a few fronts etc at £4. Many will say that’s still too low but a lot of my work is super compact and been established for 30 years+ so I can still achieve an hourly rate that most would be proud of.

My work is all around my house and very tight with 40 terraces on one street ect I have around 250 to 280 terrace in total so always earns half decent  wage on them,never realised I was ridiculously cheap missed the bus I did 

Edited by Christoff1

Report PostReport post