Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Brush bumper

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Gasket

Guys

Ordered a brush bumper to fit the standard 26cm ultimate and super lite brushes, it’s says fitted in seconds but feels like it needs tyre levers to put it on....have they sent the wrong one or is that normal ??

IMG_0068.JPG

Got it on after leaving it in boiling water for a few minutes to make it more flexible

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Personally I found them a waste of money lasted about 6 weeks. In order to reduce the uneven wear a brush can take with the knocks against window reveals just take off the brush socket and flip the brush 180 degrees every few weeks and re-fit the socket. 

I always find one side takes more knocks so the above works well to ensure you get more life out of a brush.

Personally I found them a waste of money lasted about 6 weeks. In order to reduce the uneven wear a brush can take with the knocks against window reveals just take off the brush socket and flip the brush 180 degrees every few weeks and re-fit the socket. 

I always find one side takes more knocks so the above works well to ensure you get more life out of a brush.
Yes totally agree and when they do eventually wear a hole in the corner I glue them on.

Rotating the brush and not using a brush bumper is what i mean't @Den  :1f609:
Haha I read that wrong, I normally swap the bumper round after a few weeks so it wears even. 

I have pickup work a fair bit due to a windie around my way scratching sills, I find this gives me extra protection on the upper sills especially.

I once scratched a piece of wooden black painted cladding to the side on a window with a sill flocked brush that open my eyes to using a bumper.

I thought the same thing extremely hard to put on but got it in the end.

I also didn't get mine just to maintain the brush but to also cut down the risk of scratching my customers frames and sills.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Back