Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Traditional to Waterfed

Derek Keay

Well I'm moving over to watered. Going up and down a ladder is now becoming to painful for my feet. 

I don't know how much it's going to cost but am looking at the trolley option as I don't drive. 

Any pointers would be appreciated 

Well I'm moving over to watered. Going up and down a ladder is now becoming to painful for my feet. 

I don't know how much it's going to cost but am looking at the trolley option as I don't drive. 

Where do you live? If your water is soft enough you could get a trolly with a built in DI vessel and plug in to customers outside taps. May be a decent middle ground. still be a pain pushing it everywhere, mind, but needs must. 

Where do you live? If your water is soft enough you could get a trolly with a built in DI vessel and plug in to customers outside taps. May be a decent middle ground. still be a pain pushing it everywhere, mind, but needs must. 

North London, so I doubt the water is soft.

I'm afraid your only options are to learn to trad using a pole - see Videos on Youtube - or partnering up with someone who can drive. Unfortunately, the later usually ends in tears.

@Beccyhad a bicycle and trolley for a while. She is in the Scottish Highlands but could top up with water when needed purifying it with her on board di vessel as the water is very soft where she lives. I very doubt you will be able to do the same in London as I believe the water is much harder. But even she has gone to a van mount.

Without being too personal; is there any reason why you can't learn to drive?

Need some sort of push cart, like the windymobile.

In America I understand it's common to use complete ro/Di systems and make the pure water as you clean. But you need water and maybe even power at every customer, so that's a headache if at all possible.

Need some sort of push cart, like the windymobile.

In America I understand it's common to use complete ro/Di systems and make the pure water as you clean. But you need water and maybe even power at every customer, so that's a headache if at all possible.
In America, virtually every home has an outside faucet. In South Africa it was the same thing.

AS Spruce and others already said trad pole would be your easy option until you passed your driving test.

im fully waterfed apart from a few monthly internals, a couple of days ago I bought a 10 execelerator and fliq I have no experience with trad pole worked straight out the box no modifications to the squeegee within minutes had it working perfectly.

your biggest challenge is passing your driving test then life will become loads easier being WFP.

I’ve heard of a few people trying to get in wfp and not driving, but never seen it gone through (not saying it’s never happened, just the practicality of it is a lot harder than you realise)

a 25L drum on a trolley will do around £10-£13ish worth of work (depending where you are & how well it’s priced) if you’re new to wfp as you’ll over scrub & rinse. More money after 6-9monthe as you’ll speed up etc.

Something to consider. 

Do you get a lift to work or is it all within walking distance from your house? If it’s a lift you could always get a trolley system and then get your driver to strategically drop barrels around your days work. Bit of a ball ache but it will see you through till you pass your test.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

This is my current set up. I have no intention of getting transport as I only do weekends. Should I ever find myself going full-time then I would consider getting some wheels. Appreciate all the replies everyone. 

IMG-20170730-WA0000.jpeg

Fair do’s. I’d just stick to trad then and learn to use a pole instead of a ladder like others have mentioned. The amounts of water needed for wfp would be too much for your situation and I would have thought that producing pure on site wouldn’t be reliable enough.

This is my current set up. I have no intention of getting transport as I only do weekends. Should I ever find myself going full-time then I would consider getting some wheels. Appreciate all the replies everyone. 

View attachment 13463

Unfortunately, if you want to travel to the moon then you need a rocket. Its the same with wfp. You really need wheels of some sort. Sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:

Unfortunately, if you want to travel to the moon then you need a rocket. Its the same with wfp. You really need wheels of some sort. Sorry.

Naaah. Got the will? You’ll find the way!

I get a 7m extendable ladder on a trailer on the back of a bicycle. People thought I was mad but it gets the job done because I really want it to work!

If your round is condensed then dropping off water wouldn’t be an issue!

Latest Posts

Back