Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pics , just ask for them !

WCF

Help Support WCF:

David K

So as for now ive decided to get any any potential customer who want a qoute, to send me 2-3 pics of their property. Found it to be SO much easier ,and less time /fuel wasted.

must admit i have wasted quite some time during busy weeks earlier, now as im getting filled with good jobs ,i simply wont go out if its anyway possible to get photos. Or if i cant look it up on "Google Earth ." I know it can be a trap and its possible to misjudge a job , but it can be set straight after one clean if its a total disaster. 

Found the customers like too ,as its a fast way to get a price .

Any of u guys do it too ? 

We have been doing this for around 6 months or so now it gives you the general idear of what’s needed and if there are any issues a site visit will still be needed but for most window cleaning, gfs cleans , guttervacccing jobs you can usually give the customer a fairly accurate price it does reduce time wasters quite dramatically some think a bit is going to be a tenner you go and look at it and it’s hundred they are shocked but with pictures it’s easy to get the price right 

I have a form on my website where people can ask for a quote. It has a function for attaching a picture as well, so if they're on mobile it's just one click away.

I have being doing it for around a year now, most message me through my Facebook business page and its by far the easiest way.

County Durham Lad

Still standing by not quoting what I can't see with my own two eyes. 

Google earth can be so out of date along with Google maps.  Google map my mum's old house and it's still got a van I haven't owned in 7 years. 

Customers also are not likely to send pics of all the dog s*** and dodgy access etc.  

Nope sorry. Still stand by looking in person to quote every time. 

I am closing at around 65 - 70 percent at present so does that mean that 35% of my time was wasted going to look or 35% of my time was well invested avoiding basement shoppers and pikey property? Two sides to every coin. 

Totally agree about Google earth is useless housing estates have being built 8 years near me and street view still shows a farmers field.

Hence fb or email with pics provided by the client. Over the last year I haven't had a single issue when turning up to a job for the first time.

County Durham Lad

Google earth can be so out of date along with Google maps.  Google map my mum's old house and it's still got a van I haven't owned in 7 years. 

Customers also are not likely to send pics of all the dog s*** and dodgy access etc.  

Nope sorry. Still stand by looking in person to quote every time. 

I am closing at around 65 - 70 percent at present so does that mean that 35% of my time was wasted going to look or 35% of my time was well invested avoiding basement shoppers and pikey property? Two sides to every coin. 
Def. See your point green ! Theres pros and cons to it. 

Totally agree about Google earth is useless housing estates have being built 8 years near me and street view still shows a farmers field.

Hence fb or email with pics provided by the client. Over the last year I haven't had a single issue when turning up to a job for the first time.

County Durham Lad

Right! Google Earth is not the Best tool. But as you Said own pics is better, and them it could still trick one ,but then its just one time or price up.

I have a form on my website where people can ask for a quote. It has a function for attaching a picture as well, so if they're on mobile it's just one click away.
Thats a great idea Nudel!  :1f44d:  i do have a contact form but the pic attach function could be a great upgrade :1f603:

What Green Pro said happened to me yesterday....was going to quote him from Google maps and but was passing that way so told him I'd call round for sake of 2 minutes.

Now got a 2 storey extension to the side and round back.

To be fair though when I looked on Earth it does show extensions as a work in progress.

95 Ealand Rd Batley...house at jct with Hampson St.

Right! Google Earth is not the Best tool. But as you Said own pics is better, and them it could still trick one ,but then its just one time or price up.
Doesn't happen with me I am doing nearly new or brand new houses which I know all the various house styles if they send a pic of front and back I know if their is windows on the side.

County Durham Lad

If the customer is sending a photo of the job they want doing I don’t generaly have any problems it’s in there intrest to be up front about questions regarding access , however if I feel there is the slightest issue I price high to cover it or go and have a look haven’t been bitten like this yet in fact ones that I thought were going to be awkward were easier than I thought so was quids in as an example had one customer  tell me they wanted there gutters, fassias, and soffit boards cleaning they sent a couple of very poor photos I priced it , when I turned up to do the job there wasn’t any soffit boards only facia boards I offered to reduce the price but the customer was very happy with the finished result and paid the full price , if I had gone round there I would have priced it less so actually not seeing the job benefitted me : have to agree about dog poo but generaly know my area well and know if it’s likely to be a problem area or not : if I turned up to do a job and it was bad like that I just wouldn’t do it I have dumped some customers over the years beacause of getting dogs and they have been good customers but the garden is like a mine field I have one Ime doing Tuesday that’s on a final warning I told them last time I will not be returning if it’s like it next visit it’s a health hazard and Ime not prepared to get my kit coverd in it nor are my staff going to get coverd either 

I agree. I had a chap the other day who tried to get me to give him a price via FB. I turned up and he had small concrete splatters all over the windows. He hasn't got back to me about the price yet but I factored in that I would be busy with a scraper on them long enough to double the job time.

I agree. I had a chap the other day who tried to get me to give him a price via FB. I turned up and he had small concrete splatters all over the windows. He hasn't got back to me about the price yet but I factored in that I would be busy with a scraper on them long enough to double the job time.
No scraper to much risk damaging glass units. Their is a spray that disloves cement but its £17.00 I think and you would need a insurance policy that covers you for treatment risks etc.

Me personally I ain't parting with £17.00 of my money because another trade can't clean up after their job.

County Durham Lad

Back