Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Need to fix this top corner gutter

buzzing

Need to get up to this top corner gutter.  What's the best way?  Standoff on roof or where?  

DSC_0541.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Aye and what happens if you hit a cable/pipe or something. Chances are minimal but still. Then you gotta fill the holes in after. You got someone to foot the ladder? Whats it worth man..i’d be advising they either use someone who’s got a tower scaffold, or send a guy up in cherry picker. Cant put a price on safety however small the job

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I would use my Boss Tower scaffold and ty it into the building. Then I use a rope with a big plastic tub for my tools which I pull up when I am at the top.

You can hire one for £50 a day.

Aye and what happens if you hit a cable/pipe or something. Chances are minimal but still. Then you gotta fill the holes in after. You got someone to foot the ladder? Whats it worth man..i’d be advising they either use someone who’s got a tower scaffold, or send a guy up in cherry picker. Cant put a price on safety however small the job

You won't drill into a pipe going into outer wall.  I wouldn't have thought. I know what u saying though. I just assumed there would be a standoff which would go on roof.  

I wouldn’t have thought either. Saying that, plumbing is a totally unregulated profession. Could be anything behind. + if the wall is in bad condition, you could drill with the intent of making a small hole and a big chunk of the wall could fall off...

You won't drill into a pipe going into outer wall.  I wouldn't have thought. I know what u saying though. I just assumed there would be a standoff which would go on roof.  

Www.ladders-999.co.uk
Look under ladder stabilisers- they have every type known. They look like very deep soffits and the corner stones are textured so if you do take it on with a ladder you need to be 100% sure the ladder is secure. You might get away with a microlight on top of the tiles but the best position would be dead on the corner which would impede your work area. That’s certainly an awkward one!!

As stated buy a ladder stand off for £50 and price it into job or use your A frame and rest it on the fascia board done loads that way. 

You could make a standoff up yourself. 2 pieces of 12mm plywood, cut a v out of one that will touch the brick corner. Another will fix to the v point and check into the round. 4 metal band straps around the rounds so it can't move. Good thing is, you can have it the correct standoff size you require. Easy for me as i'm a joiner but not much involved.

Unless you have damaged the guttering I wouldn't bother, I would inform them they need to contact a relevant firm who do gutter repairs. No doubt they will be expecting the job done for £10.00 

Back