buzzing

How to clean this conservatory roof?

buzzing

I can reach the top spikey thing with my hands (maybe).   Is it strong tfr to be used on this? 

DSC_0547.JPG

Edited by buzzing

scottish cleaning service
10 minutes ago, buzzing said:

I can reach the top spikey this morning with my hands (maybe).   Is it strong tfr to be used on this? 

DSC_0547.JPG

I'm looking for a small conny brush to use on these after I have sprayed with degreaser, any ideas where to buy one? thx m

buzzing
3 hours ago, Incheck said:

Pretty much all you can do really unless you can hire a helicopter to hover above it, lean out and do it by hand emoji848.png

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Will it take my weight if I lean on it?  Its on a flat roof 

Incheck

Oh flat roof makes life a but easier then [emoji106]
My rule of thumb is...if it seems dodgey, dont attempt it.
Those spikes are only glued on so dont be aggresive scrubbing them. Light brushing and let the TFR do the work.

Pjj

Wfp and virosol be very careful using tfr especially on a roof if it dries you could have all kinds of problems , 10-1 mix of virosol is all that’s needed you don’t need a strong mix of anything for that it isn’t that bad the stronger mix the more rinsing it will take and the more likelihood of streaks when it dries 

scottish cleaning service

I use one section of my aluminum scaffold tower when cleaning conny roofs.

Jordiebarrett

I can reach the top spikey thing with my hands (maybe).   Is it strong tfr to be used on this? 
DSC_0547.thumb.JPG.fd19bb83cd0e6bf3159a0d83fee199e9.JPG

Spikey things = finial/s [emoji106]

buzzing
4 hours ago, Pjj said:

Wfp and virosol be very careful using tfr especially on a roof if it dries you could have all kinds of problems , 10-1 mix of virosol is all that’s needed you don’t need a strong mix of anything for that it isn’t that bad the stronger mix the more rinsing it will take and the more likelihood of streaks when it dries 

Will the tfr stain the glass below, sorry never used the stuff? I'll buy some virosol

Incheck

Yeah man, not a risk you wanna take. Either virosol like he said, or....
Washing up liquid.
Used it for years on plastics cleans. Harmless & does the same job, just takes a bit longer

buzzing
11 minutes ago, Incheck said:

Yeah man, not a risk you wanna take. Either virosol like he said, or....
Washing up liquid.
Used it for years on plastics cleans. Harmless & does the same job, just takes a bit longer

What's tfr used on? I got two tubs in my garage.  I guess dilute virosol 20 to 1then rinse massively 

Pjj
9 minutes ago, buzzing said:

Will the tfr stain the glass below, sorry never used the stuff? I'll buy some virosol

It can do tfr when it dries can leave strange marks on glass some swear by it i it I used to use it but had several jobs where it left marks that I couldn’t remove swapped over to virosol now 10+ years never had a problem Evan if it dries on glass use it 10 parts water to 1 part virosol that’s plenty  strong enough for anything , be careful on self cleaning glass but again never had issues with it works really well and it’s more environmentally friendly when diluted and rinses off better itvwill bring that roof up well especially the pointy bits ( finials) 😂😂😂😂 works well on plastic ,glass , aluminium, cladding , etc basically any external surface you are likely to want to clean 

Incheck

I only use tfr in naff weather when theres no risk of it drying out. Helps with really boggy plastics cleans. And first cleans on windows. Conny roofs (plastic non see through type) Any hint of sun and i dont use it though. Heard too many horror stories

buzzing
9 hours ago, Pjj said:

It can do tfr when it dries can leave strange marks on glass some swear by it i it I used to use it but had several jobs where it left marks that I couldn’t remove swapped over to virosol now 10+ years never had a problem Evan if it dries on glass use it 10 parts water to 1 part virosol that’s plenty  strong enough for anything , be careful on self cleaning glass but again never had issues with it works really well and it’s more environmentally friendly when diluted and rinses off better itvwill bring that roof up well especially the pointy bits ( finials) 😂😂😂😂 works well on plastic ,glass , aluminium, cladding , etc basically any external surface you are likely to want to clean 

Just get it on ebay I guess.  Thxs 

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=virosol&oq=virosol&aqs=chrome..69i57j35i39l2j69i59j69i61l2&client=ms-android-tmobile-gb&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

So tfr is dodgy on glass.  Is ok if it dries out on pvc? 

Edited by buzzing

CleanerWindows

I've been using tfr for years and never had a problem. The right mix for the weather and crack on. Pre wet were your doing then apply with an old brush through a pump n barrels. Do so much say one side of house then 're pre wet next area to be done and apply as before.
Then hose 1st area down then 're pre wet next area and apply etc etc.
Like a conveyor belt really
Not necessarily the correct way but has always worked for me.
A blob of car polish which will put a light shine on the pvc then clean with pure on the glass .

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app