Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Reading of 9

WCF

Help Support WCF:

9 is ok to use as long as you thoroughly rinse.

I once got water off a mate before I bought my own R.O, he rained harvested, even though he pumped it through a D.I it still came out at 15ppm.. I thoroughly rinsed then checked every job after, they all seemed fine.

I now keep mine under 4ppm so change Resin every 8/9months or so. 

Then no it isn't for you.

We have spotting at 5ppm
I remember  couple of threads that’s have  been posted before, I have spotting at 003 on my clean windows before always change mine as soon as I see 001 have shaken Di bottle daily and got another week out of it. 

Is a reading of 9 ok to use as had couple of customers mention window spotting ?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I would say no the whole reason we use a tds meter is to monitor resin condition once you have any reading above 000 there is likely to be issues many are prepared to use very poor quality water so will disagree with this but that’s up to them this is why so many have issues as they don’t maintained filters as they should leading to spotting issues we never get these problems and I put it down to water quality 

Cleaned my windows last week with 2 had no issue, but when it changed to 3 I chucked some over the glass, and could see from the inside it was spotting.

so change at 2 for me..

Back