Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Anyone use an astra van for wfp?

Dave B

Staff member
Van is in technical terms fooked lol

Just about starts but injectors and fuel pump to fix it weighs in over a grand

I have a compact local round and know I can make a 400l flat tank work in an astra van

No need for anything bigger round here

Anyone else use one?

400l flat will be like driving a boat and be dragging its ****... can get a 350 upright in them which is closer for payload and moves the weight forward a bit which is better... biggest pain is ducking under the tailgate all the time unless you are a midget...

If you got your ladders you'll struggle mate, be boot won't open enough to get trolley in or out, hence why in my car it's on the back seat, barrels can be a pain to get to as well

I used to work from an astra car and learnt the knack of having ladders so far forward to do the boot lid

Never take them out much anyway

Will have tank and backpackby the back door

Trying to make an extremely compact van and system for the built up area I work in

Will be using a tank with bilge pump to fill my backpack

I use an Astra van!
Got a 13 rung ladder on there
Pushed right to the front although sometimes due to parking of the vehicle lifting trolley in and out with barrel on does your head in!
Trolley in the back with 8 barrels as I only do tops wfp
Only problem for me is lifting the trolley in and out with the barrel on!
Seems a bit quicker for me rather than taking the barrel of throughout the day!

A little bit of graft ain’t gonna kill me!![emoji123]

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Have you got the Astra van already? What about Peugeot Partner, they’re compact and will take ladders and a 400L tank. 

My old 1.9D doesn’t give me any grief.

Van is in technical terms fooked lol

Just about starts but injectors and fuel pump to fix it weighs in over a grand

I have a compact local round and know I can make a 400l flat tank work in an astra van

No need for anything bigger round here

Anyone else use one?
I used to have an astra van with a 450L in back. The setup worked fine but I didn't really understand at the time about gvw vs gcw vs payload an got pulled one day by police. He tried to stick his boot between the exhaust pipe and the road and failed! Was going to take me to a weigh bridge but they were all closed so he told me to either get another van or improve the suspension and let me go. Bought a W reg VW caddy next week. Great van.

It was an R reg Astra and ladders on top and bit bigger tank so a newer one may be a bit better but I think they're more suited to a electrician or something.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back