Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Newbie(ish)

Jake J

Hi,

I actually made a start at building my own round last year. I had gained a decent amount of regular customers, invested in a van and felt confident/optimistic that I could make a success of this.

I signed up to the NEA scheme through my local job centre and had my business plan accepted. Happy days.

I had made an appointment on the Friday afternoon to ‘sign off’ and officially start trading.

Woke up around 8am that Friday morning and felt unwell. Missis phoned an ambulance and next thing I know I’m being rushed to Hospital because I’m having a major heart attack !! 38 years old, no family history of heart problems and felt absolutely fine right up to that day.

Anyway, glad to say I have made a full recovery now and have recently started getting my round back up and running. I managed to keep most of my original customers thankfully.

I have always used the WCA app for info and advice, but never formally introduced myself to the other members until now.

For anyone considering starting their own business the help and advice from the forums members is priceless.

Cheers Guys !

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Hi jake what’s this NEA could you explain that to me as I’m going full time shortly and it sounds like it would be useful to know [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Hi jake what’s this NEA could you explain that to me as I’m going full time shortly and it sounds like it would be useful to know
emoji106.png

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums
It's for people on benefits who want to start a new business. It pays out £60pw for 13 weeks then 30 for 13 weeks, replaces JSA etc, helps you out financially whilst you get started

That’s quite a coincidence you posting that. 

My mate Adam (32 years old, not an ounce of fat on him) went into work on Friday. When he got there he had a massive heart attack and dropped dead on the spot.

He only got married last year and his wife has just given birth.

Still can’t take it in ?

That’s quite a coincidence you posting that. 

My mate Adam (32 years old, not an ounce of fat on him) went into work on Friday. When he got there he had a massive heart attack and dropped dead on the spot.

He only got married last year and his wife has just given birth.

Still can’t take it in ?
:1f622: Very sad indeed 

You hear too much of this....   mostly because of our 'ugg! me man, me strong, me no break' and avoid regular check ups like the plague that could in many instances save lives. 

Starting on a new lifestyle this week so going to (9am today) call up and book a full works check up at the GP.  Why not it's free and who knows it may have some useful information in there.  

Sorry to hear of your mate @steve garwood

Getting your blood pressure checked once in a while really could make all the difference.
You can pick up a BP monitor for as little as ten quid. Alternatively, you can get it checked by your Doc/Nurse at your local GP surgery. I believe you can even get it checked at a chemist by your pharmacist these days.
Takes two mins.

Getting your blood pressure checked once in a while really could make all the difference.
You can pick up a BP monitor for as little as ten quid. Alternatively, you can get it checked by your Doc/Nurse at your local GP surgery. I believe you can even get it checked at a chemist by your pharmacist these days.
Takes two mins.

Ain’t that the truth. 

A few years back I got really bad shakes whilst working. I knew something was wrong as my heart was beating like mad.

Drove my van home and my wife took one look at me, put me in the car, and straight to hospital.

The doctor took my blood pressure, 249!!

I was taken to a ward and put on a drip and told that’s where I was staying until it went down. It took 6 days.

Unbeknown to me, I have hyper tension and super high blood pressure. The consultants actual words was ‘you was on the verge of a stroke and with those readings, death was likely’

Frighten the  :1f4a9:  out of me.

All this could of been prevented if I’d bought a machine or had my blood pressure checked occasionally.

On pills for the rest of my life now, but they are working and my readings are only slightly higher than normal.

Get it checked guys and girls!!

I've got sleep apnea, if you regularly dream and think you are falling then wake up with a jump then you need to get it checked out as well. I had BP of 190/120 until diagnosed and after treatment, non drugs, I am now 120/80

I've got sleep apnea, if you regularly dream and think you are falling then wake up with a jump then you need to get it checked out as well. I had BP of 190/120 until diagnosed and after treatment, non drugs, I am now 120/80
Hey @Part Timer, bit worried that my wife is selling drugs.

As I was about to leave the house my landline phone rang, I answered it and a bloke asked “has that dope gone yet?” ?

Latest Posts

Back