Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gocardless slow

ashley john

How long does it usually take people to receive their money through gocardless? I done a few jobs on the 9th of this month and still ain't collected it from the customer. I'm not using this again I needed that money to let pay my credit card debts over 2 weeks and still no money. Its just too slow.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

How long does it usually take people to receive their money through gocardless? I done a few jobs on the 9th of this month and still ain't collected it from the customer. I'm not using this again I needed that money to let pay my credit card debts over 2 weeks and still no money. Its just too slow.

If it's a brand new customer and their mandate hasn't crossed over to GC yet, you're generally looking at 7 working days.  If they signed up 3-5 days before the clean you should receive the payment within 5 working days.

For example:

NEW SIGN UP TODAY = Tuesday clean -->  Payout Thursday the following week.  

EXISTING CUSTOMER OR MANDATE IN PLACE BEFORE THE CLEAN = Tuesday clean -->  Payout Tuesday the following week.

GC don't pay out or process on weekends at all.

You can see the actual day you'll get paid on from each job by logging in to GC's dashboard and checking your Payments page.

If you can't cope with waiting a week for your money then you're better off door knocking.  I have about 100 customers a month on GC and the wait is well worth it versus chasing people to pay by BACS or online with cards/PayPal.  I don't do any collecting or door knocking for money what so ever these days, and my work to life balance is better for it.  You just need to do what's best for you and your circumstances, but there aren't many industries where you get paid the same day as you provided the service.

It's pending still just checked it now and this forum won't allow me to upload pictures for some. Reason

What's the exact payment status?  Should say Pending submission, Submitted, Confirmed or Paid Out.

Regardless of status, it should say the pay out date on the customers profile?

Last edited by a moderator:
Pending submission and payout date is 19th when submitted 13th however I requested it the week before that I know I did.

One possibility is that it is pending because the account the customer has used requires multiple signitures and it will be pending indefinitely until they follow the instructions that have been emailed them. You can click on the payment to see more details and it'll tell you if that's the case.

Back