Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Personal Injury Cover

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Just wondering if anyone has this? I have always had public liability cover but never cover for myself incase I get injured which being self employed is a risk.

I got a call from folks that insure me asking if I would be interested in this... coincidentally I haven't worked in last week as I damaged my si joint in my back.

I have been toying with the idea for years now but it's an extra 400 quid a year to go along with the million other bills I have, so I never have went ahead with it as I don't do ladder work or ant risky jobs. Got me thinking that you never know what's around the corner and sh*t does happen.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Yes mate. I have income protection insurance ever since I had a fall about seven years ago and cracked my heel in three places. It’s with lv and the policy is tailored to my income so the more I earn the more I pay and in the event of another accident or sickness work related or not I get 75% of my earnings after I’ve been off work for more than four consecutive weeks.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Yes but since I took out my policy well over 6 years ago things have changed a little, But I get  a maximum annual payout of just over £10,600, Just been onto Lifesearch who i got the policy through and they said currently I am on the best policy and payout based on my taxable income. 

And most insurance firms they want proof of actual earnings which is based on earnings submitted to HMRC and their is a down loadable form off hmrc site or your accountant can sort it should there ever be a need to. 

I pay £26 a month for my policy and it rises every year with inflation 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back