Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Good rubber gone bad

Wonder if one of the Mods can move this post to the traditional section you might a a few answers if posted in the correct forum. 

With the heat the other day my razor red left lines everywhere and just caused me grief can anyone suggest a rubber that works in the heat but feels like red thanks

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I think you can get 3 types of rubber, soft, medium or hard. They say hard for the hot weather but up here in Scotland we can use soft all year round.

ive got 3 36 inches lengths of pulex rubber that are all knackered both sides. they are leaving water on the glass after i blade off.  thought it might be the channel so tried another & exact same. cant see any scuff marks or anything wrong with the rubber. any ideas ?

ive got 3 36 inches lengths of pulex rubber that are all knackered both sides. they are leaving water on the glass after i blade off.  thought it might be the channel so tried another & exact same. cant see any scuff marks or anything wrong with the rubber. any ideas ?

Depends where its been lying and did any chemicals touch it. If lying in a garage then the frost may have frozen it and now its thawed out. Many reasons but better to just buy it when you need it or it just gets in the way.

Depends where its been lying and did any chemicals touch it. If lying in a garage then the frost may have frozen it and now its thawed out. Many reasons but better to just buy it when you need it or it just gets in the way.

it was still in the jiffy bag it came in. kept in a drawer.

With the heat the other day my razor red left lines everywhere and just caused me grief can anyone suggest a rubber that works in the heat but feels like red thanks

Had same problem on Friday with  Razr red in my liquidator channel, just got a Unger squeegee and black rubber from van and job solved.

Wondered whether it was the rubber, conditions or tool at time.May change my Moerman Fliq from Razr red to black  rubber too for Monday when I have some pole work with tool.

Last edited by a moderator:
Had same problem on Friday with  Razr red in my liquidator channel, just got a Unger squeegee and black rubber from van and job solved.

Wondered whether it was the rubber, conditions or tool at time.May change my Moerman Fliq from Razr red to black  rubber too for Monday when I have some pole work with tool.

Change to hard rubber in the summer especially down south.

It's all a myth, this business of hard and soft rubbers. I now use only Razr red, and used them in the cold and the hot, and they are perfect every time. They will wear out, but never break down with me. The thing with the RazR reds is that they are soft but very pliant, so wear hard. I did use one of the hard ones years ago and didn't like them (still hanging up in the shed), so any ordinary or soft for me.

Latest Posts

Back