Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Tank fittings

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Gasket

Guys brought a diy system was meant to come with instructions .../ it didn’t

I know it’s basic but could some one explain these tank fittings, thought the gate valve was was on the supply out of the tank side, but it dosent fit

Help appreciated

IMG_0080.JPG

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

The black fitting will screw in to the outlet on the tank acting as a reducer for the gate valve to screw in to then the blue elbow fits in the female end of the gate valve. Use some offer tape to stop any leaks hope this helps mate

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Ptfe tape

Cheers mate, i think they have sent me the wrong size fitting looks like it should be a 3/4 inch bsp rather than the 1 inch they have sent. What fittings do you use for the supply in, as it only has the vent to screw into lid

I just take the lid off and put a hose in tank and use a submersible pump from ibc tank

Cheers mate, i think they have sent me the wrong size fitting looks like it should be a 3/4 inch bsp rather than the 1 inch they have sent. What fittings do you use for the supply in, as it only has the vent to screw into lid

A local plumbing supply should be able to supply you a 3/4" to 1/2" reducer that will go into your tank that the tap will screw into.

It will be the same type of reducer that is supplied with a Hozelok tap connector. I'm sure you will have a spare one at home somewhere.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-HOZELOCK-2175-1-2-3-4-HOSE-PIPE-THREADED-TAP-CONNECTOR/191591351357?hash=item2c9bbc043d:g:jdsAAOSwNSxVafFf

Its the white coloured reducer on the illustration. You might even be able to use it as a sample.

The black fitting on the left side if your photo looks like the vent that screws into the filler cap.

Filling the tank: As per @drae

Last edited by a moderator:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Cheers guys , I had one sitting in the shed, you’ve saved me a load of time ...really appreciate it [emoji1303]

Back