Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

One off window clean price

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Depends on the size height what are they made of what’s the contaminant on them when were they last cleaned currant condition there are a lot of variables if we were passing and had the time probably be in the region of £25 but wouldn’t be going out of our way to do it 

Every area is different mate. I discovered this the other week when I got into a conversation about £1 a window which pickled my head.

I'm trying looking at it as what I would charge for a 4 weekly clean.... then i've started whacking a few quid on for the 8 week customers (This is working well) with one off cleans I look at my 8 week price and add on a fee. I already charge my 4 & 8 week customers an extra fee for the first clean so it is higher than this... this bit isn't going so well, sometimes i'm well off with the price. Today I quoted a massive bungalow with a ton of windows, about double what you're looking at. When I said £45 I swear she nearly had a heart attack. She told me she normally uses the local trad guys who have been going around 40 years and calls them as and when for £20. There is more value in WFP but I can't sell an extra £25 worth. It wasn't all a disaster as she accepted the conservatory roof clean price so I just said while i'm there I will do the windows at £20 this time on top of the conny roof price.

Maybe look at it like this.... what would you charge for an 8 week customer? What's your first clean charge? How much extra is it reasonable to ask for on top? Remember each and every time someone like this has their windows cleaned they expect a windy to clean off all the muck since the last time they bothered, it isn't fair to put these people in the same bracket as your loyal regular customers who pay your bills on a regular basis.

Price it like you don’t want it. Then if you get it your extra happy! I don’t pick up many one off jobs but the ones I do I enjoy doing because of this. 

Also, figure out your minimum price for going into a area and base it on a hours work. Doesn’t matter the size of the house until the house is larger than your minimum price (if that makes sense). So both a 1 bedroom flat and a 3 bedroom house would probably be the same for a one off, as your giving yourself a hour to do it. 

Every area is different mate. I discovered this the other week when I got into a conversation about £1 a window which pickled my head.

I'm trying looking at it as what I would charge for a 4 weekly clean.... then i've started whacking a few quid on for the 8 week customers (This is working well) with one off cleans I look at my 8 week price and add on a fee. I already charge my 4 & 8 week customers an extra fee for the first clean so it is higher than this... this bit isn't going so well, sometimes i'm well off with the price. Today I quoted a massive bungalow with a ton of windows, about double what you're looking at. When I said £45 I swear she nearly had a heart attack. She told me she normally uses the local trad guys who have been going around 40 years and calls them as and when for £20. There is more value in WFP but I can't sell an extra £25 worth. It wasn't all a disaster as she accepted the conservatory roof clean price so I just said while i'm there I will do the windows at £20 this time on top of the conny roof price.

Maybe look at it like this.... what would you charge for an 8 week customer? What's your first clean charge? How much extra is it reasonable to ask for on top? Remember each and every time someone like this has their windows cleaned they expect a windy to clean off all the muck since the last time they bothered, it isn't fair to put these people in the same bracket as your loyal regular customers who pay your bills on a regular basis.
I see what your doing but think you over complicating it. Price it for a minimum of one hours work. This is what the other trades do. Then take your time on the job and leave them happy. Only time I’ll price it for less is if it’s in with my other work, but even then people will moan. I had a guy call me today wanting a townhouse done and since I worked the area I dropped the price a bit. Was still more than he was willing to pay. 

I add half again to monthly price for every other month. So £10 goes to £15. One off price is double that so £30. I pick up about half of enquiries for one offs. 

Latest Posts

Back