Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Keep snapping fan jets

WCF

Help Support WCF:

My mate uses the black 100 degree fan jets and hes snapping them at a rate of knots, been through loads of sets, unsure if its a design fault but not good as he likes them a lot, he said even if he had to pay a tenner a set for some brass version this would be better than buying 10 pairs a time.

Cheers guys, thought it was just me, anyhow I have thought up an answer. I intend to bore the jet hole on brush to 6mm or the size of jet. Then I am going to glue the clear plastic pipe in place or just shove it down to base of brush. Then slide the broken jet back into place. This will remove the weak spot on the jet. If the hose gets tangled on an outlet pipe or gutter clip then the hose will either come out at T fitting or brush head. Will let you know my results but can't go one with this nonsense. thanks m

Bored a 6mm hole in brush jet hole and glued in hose after I fitted the broken jet into it. Will let you know how it goes. If all goes well then I will do the opposite one also. :1f609:

It is such a pain when a product like this breaks - apologies for the inconvenience that this has caused. We think that some of these were partially fracturing when being assembled into the brush stock so that they were weakened leading to breaking easily.

To cure this we have just had delivered yesterday afternoon a new production batch of these 100° Black Fanjets which are made of new tougher, more impact resistant plastic. In testing they are surviving the most abusive of treatment.

So for anyone who has had these 100° black fanjets snap please send an email to the Customer Service Team on [email protected] with the following information:

1. Your Name and Order number

2. Details of what fanjets have snapped and how many you need replacing

3. A photo of the broken fanjets (if possible)

We will then send out replacement fanjets from the new improved material.

It is such a pain when a product like this breaks - apologies for the inconvenience that this has caused. We think that some of these were partially fracturing when being assembled into the brush stock so that they were weakened leading to breaking easily.

To cure this we have just had delivered yesterday afternoon a new production batch of these 100° Black Fanjets which are made of new tougher, more impact resistant plastic. In testing they are surviving the most abusive of treatment.

So for anyone who has had these 100° black fanjets snap please send an email to the Customer Service Team on [email protected] with the following information:

That's great nice one Alex, even though I have thrown away the broken one so don't have proof and from mentioning in this thread, I have had four individual fan jets broken Havnt tried the new ones that I ordered last week. 

Also I have brushes that I have stockpiled that I havnt used how do I know that they may have defected jets? 

Thanks Den.

Last edited by a moderator:

:1f4a9: happens and the difference between good and bad companies is how they react.

Gardiner come good again that's why I will always use them there aftercare and customer support is second to none.

Big thank you Alex and team.

Good God, what's he doing with them? I have the black 100° fan jets and the pole slipped and fell, but the jets were still intact.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I've wondered that myself, I use copper pencil jets so don't have a issue. 

I have seen some lads almost trying to wear a hole in f.s.g they have being scrubbing that hard  :1f602:

And this is exactly why so many go with Gardiner products 

Last edited by a moderator:
Big thank you to Alex he replaced the ones I had problems with ,first class service

Sent from my iPad using Window Cleaning Forums

Back