Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Allways watching the Weather

Thanks iv just downloaded it. I'll give it a try
. I find AccuWeather minute cast don't always get it right. It can say dry when it's heavy drizzle
Have you gone for the paid version?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
I tried the free trial for two weeks via goggle play and have now bought 2.99 for the year think it's 3.99 on iTunes used to use accuweather myself but deleted it when I seen how this was working

I thought that's all it did up north
emoji23.png

Obviously so do the bbc, or canny be bothered changing the cloud and raindrop sign. :1f602:

I use a system that’s 100% accurate every day , it’s my eyes ???? hasn’t let me down yet , we work in all weathers within reason so don’t find it to much of a problem, wind is the worst enemy to work in .

I use a system that’s 100% accurate every day , it’s my eyes ???? hasn’t let me down yet , we work in all weathers within reason so don’t find it to much of a problem, wind is the worst enemy to work in .
I dont work in heavy rain cause I don't have too. I like to know if it's on for a few hours then I can go for a coffee or lunch or home if I fancy it.  

See dark sky as now stopped working.  I didn't really find it any better than the free apps  apparently windy is a good 1. ( think that's what you call it )
Apple bought it to shut it down!!!  Maybe just Android that they shut down.

Have a look at UAV Forecast gives rain and wind by the hour. Might be a bit too much info but seems to be reasonably accurate.

Last edited by a moderator:
See dark sky as now stopped working.  I didn't really find it any better than the free apps  apparently windy is a good 1. ( think that's what you call it )
You're right, WM. Windy is the name of it and it is free. I use it all the time and I have recommended it on the forum previously a while back.

I use it for planning sea kayaking trips and for work. I find it to be the best app out of several I've used.

I know a few people who fly light aircraft. They told me that they are trained on the same app and I saw recently that one of the captains on Deadliest Catch was using the same app while hundreds of miles out to sea. That's got be a good sign for it.

No app or weather forecast that I've used is 100 percent right all the time but Windy is pretty close most of the time.

I will say that it's much more detailed than any other app that I've seen, with many more layers. The charts I use always are : pressure, rain and cloud, temperature, wind, wind gusts. For sea kayaking, all of the above plus sea swell, and other apps for moon phases and tides.

I will say that it's an app that needs a bit of time to find your way around if you want to get the best out of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I gave up paying any real attention to the weather years ago, It's never a 100% I just get out and crack on 
This.

Sometimes when working at height, we use an anemometer. I’m usually too scared by the time it hits our RAMS limit.

Latest Posts

Back