Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Air lock in R.O??

WCF

Help Support WCF:

RWCleaning

Hi guys,

I changed the membranes on my R.O last Thursday, my storage tank was already full so didn’t really turn them on till last night after I filled my van up. When I left this morning my r.o & booster pump were humming away. But I’ve just got home to find my booster pump running dry and my storage tank at the same level it was at 8:30 this morning... the r.o isn’t producing anything, as nothing is going into the d.i.

really weird. Is it a possible air lock? Really frustrating 

Forgot to say, the waste is coming out (although a lot slower than normal) 

*ive taken the membranes out, put them back in, tried sucking through any air, it’s a real STRESSFUL head scratcher.... if anyone is in the Bournemouth area and loves problem solving please can you pm, I’ll happily pay you for your advice of what to do....

they in the right way around?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Yeh, I wasn’t sure when I was changing them, so I rang waterfedpole.com, the technician confirmed which way them go, and as I said I was filling it up yesterday evening & through the night.... it’s so weird. Water is going into & out of the booster pump but not end up in the tank...

This is the r.o

EA919A1C-EB52-404E-974B-04C50BB0025C.jpeg

EA919A1C-EB52-404E-974B-04C50BB0025C.jpeg

On them membranes in the shaft there is a little lever of some sort. I think maybe wrong they have to be pushed in for pure water to be produced.

On them membranes in the shaft there is a little lever of some sort. I think maybe wrong they have to be pushed in for pure water to be produced.
Yes, I’ve just double checked, the little plug/lever is in it.

The only way to get rid of a stubborn airlock is to take the pipes off one by one until water runs through. Start with the water inlet and if necessary unscrew the filter bowls in order the water goes through. PITA but sometimes it’s the easiest option!

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
Ah wow really!? Flipping heck. 

*ive taken the membranes out, put them back in, tried sucking through any air, it’s a real STRESSFUL head scratcher.... if anyone is in the Bournemouth area and loves problem solving please can you pm, I’ll happily pay you for your advice of what to do....

Might sound sound silly but did you take the plastic film off the membrane? If it’s an air lock open the waist fully turn on the tap and booster pump it should flush any air out ,then slowly shut the waist untill you get the desired flow to the Di , cheak that you have the connections on the right way round 

Might sound sound silly but did you take the plastic film off the membrane? If it’s an air lock open the waist fully turn on the tap and booster pump it should flush any air out ,then slowly shut the waist untill you get the desired flow to the Di , cheak that you have the connections on the right way round 
Yep plastics all off.

ok I’ll try flushing it out. 

Thanks 

Flushed it out for a while, still exactly the same. The waste is no where near as powerful as it should be with the waste on full 

I really appreciate your help though guys. This is sadly stressing me out quite a bit

Back