Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Starting up using WFP

Craigmac

Hi all

I am looking to add on a window cleaning service as an addition to our current domestic and commercial cleaning business. 

A few of our customers have asked for the service, which me being naive thought the usual cliche of "window cleaning would not be worth the hassle VS the return on investment". Well all i can say after spending the weekend on and off this forum is how wrong could i be.

We would be looking to initially add WFP using the gardiner backpack and poles with the aim of providing our customers with the add on during their cleaning service, eventually (HOPEFULLY) building up rounds and having the window cleaning as a sort of separate entity with a full van setup.

A reason for me posting (before we setup) is the "this is my patch" and pro green i have seen you video on the matter (among alot of your other videos *great work*) and you say it does not exist anymore. Well our business is based in south wales, SWANSEA, and having spoke to friends and family about the idea the first thing that comes up is "So So has a patch around here and he does not mess about" Now i know the advise would be patches do not exist any more and any problems let the old bill know, but i would be interested to see if there are any members from Swansea on this forum that could advise on

* do they find there is enough work, in and around Swansea to even consider the long term goal of getting a van setup or am i just better off sticking with the initial idea of servicing our current domestic and commercial cleaning customers.

* have they run into the "my patch" on their rounds. 

I will add that our main goal for the business is to be a one stop shop for customers who want all aspects of their property cleaned, 

But the i do like the idea of eventually having the window cleaning as a separate entity.

Any advise would be much appreciated 

Regards

Craig  

You're defeating yourself already.  Friends and family may think that 'so an so doesn't mess about' but to be honest I don't know any window cleaners that don't mess about.   

If you're gonna let such nonsense stop you you may as well pack up now.  

I will say thanks for the likes on the vids though and welcome to the forum! 

Hi all

I am looking to add on a window cleaning service as an addition to our current domestic and commercial cleaning business. 

A few of our customers have asked for the service, which me being naive thought the usual cliche of "window cleaning would not be worth the hassle VS the return on investment". Well all i can say after spending the weekend on and off this forum is how wrong could i be.

We would be looking to initially add WFP using the gardiner backpack and poles with the aim of providing our customers with the add on during their cleaning service, eventually (HOPEFULLY) building up rounds and having the window cleaning as a sort of separate entity with a full van setup.

A reason for me posting (before we setup) is the "this is my patch" and pro green i have seen you video on the matter (among alot of your other videos *great work*) and you say it does not exist anymore. Well our business is based in south wales, SWANSEA, and having spoke to friends and family about the idea the first thing that comes up is "So So has a patch around here and he does not mess about" Now i know the advise would be patches do not exist any more and any problems let the old bill know, but i would be interested to see if there are any members from Swansea on this forum that could advise on

* do they find there is enough work, in and around Swansea to even consider the long term goal of getting a van setup or am i just better off sticking with the initial idea of servicing our current domestic and commercial cleaning customers.

I will add that our main goal for the business is to be a one stop shop for customers who want all aspects of their property cleaned, 

But the i do like the idea of eventually having the window cleaning as a separate entity.

Regards

Craig  
I'm in Swansea, no such thing as patches here, most of us are friendly, as long as your not actively poaching work. There only one I know if that's a bit funny about working where he works but I just ignore him.

You will get those that think they own the street, and some might well try and intimidate you. If your initial plan, which I think is the best, is to do your current customer base and when everyone is up to speed and confident look for more business then you shouldn't have any problems.  

Hi all

Regards

Craig  
I'm in Swansea, no such thing as patches here, most of us are friendly, as long as your not actively poaching work. There only one I know if that's a bit funny about working where he works but I just ignore him. Some areas of Swansea are saturated with window cleaners but there's plenty of work up gowerton way, bit too far for my liking.

Thanks for the replys so far.

Yes part timer the plan is to just service our current customer base, which will most probably lead to neighbors querying our services. 

Due to us doing only internal work at the moment we do not tend to get that much public exposure, so having one of us outside washing windows could be a nice advertisement for ourselves.

Green pro, not beaten just yet ;) 

just trying to put some feelers out in my general area to see how the windys are doing and if the area is already saturated in their honest opinion.

Clisty, thank you, in response i would say that i would never actively poach as we sometimes suffer from that with our residential cleaning and its sickening. We have cleaning companies (mainly cash in had people) see us on our rounds and then post their details through the houses we do. 

Thanks for the replys so far.

Yes part timer the plan is to just service our current customer base, which will most probably lead to neighbors querying our services. 

Due to us doing only internal work at the moment we do not tend to get that much public exposure, so having one of us outside washing windows could be a nice advertisement for ourselves.

Green pro, not beaten just yet ;) 

just trying to put some feelers out in my general area to see how the windys are doing and if the area is already saturated in their honest opinion.

Clisty, thank you, in response i would say that i would never actively poach as we sometimes suffer from that with our residential cleaning and its sickening. We have cleaning companies (mainly cash in had people) see us on our rounds and then post their details through the houses we do. 
What's the name of the company? Probably seen you about. If you want pm me and I can give more specifics about where's good in Swansea, where to avoid, and wheres saturated, and any other info you need about either window cleaning round here, or window cleaning in general. Oh and stay off my patch ????

Back