Welcome guest/lurker! Read more... ×
andy1992

DIY gutter vac

andy1992

Do you think a gutter vac with a really long vacuum hose would work if it had the angled end piece attached and was then somehow attached to a gardiner slx if that makes sense. Like a wfp where the hose is outside the pole except it’s vacuum hose not pole hose ?

Cheers

Andy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Part Timer
2 hours ago, andy1992 said:

Do you think a gutter vac with a really long vacuum hose would work if it had the angled end piece attached and was then somehow attached to a gardiner slx if that makes sense. Like a wfp where the hose is outside the pole except it’s vacuum hose not pole hose ?

Cheers

Andy

I have something similar and attach it to either the 27' or 45' pole depending on the height. The upsides are it is handy being able to get it at the correct height and to raise or lower it quickly, it is cheap, and poles don't jam together, the downside is it is a lot heavier than either alloy or carbon fibre poles.

andy1992
I have something similar and attach it to either the 27' or 45' pole depending on the height. The upsides are it is handy being able to get it at the correct height and to raise or lower it quickly, it is cheap, and poles don't jam together, the downside is it is a lot heavier than either alloy or carbon fibre poles.

Thanks that’s interesting. I would have thought an slx 25 would be lighter than the alloy poles ? How did u attach it to your pole ?

Part Timer

Mild steel bracket and a machine turned aluminium bar that gets clamped in the top. 

IMG_20180424_2257110.jpg

Dan Paton

Not a good idea imo. I had 50ft of 2 inch Hose on gutter poles for one particular job and I got a blockage and it was a nightmare to shift in such a long run of hose. I