Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Univalve seals/orings

WCF

Help Support WCF:

There was someone on here a while ago posted a video of putting me o rings in so ya must be able to get them from somewhere

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

There was someone on here a while ago posted a video of putting me o rings in so ya must be able to get them from somewhere

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Initially there were a few new Univalves that leaked, so Steve put up a video on how to open it and replace the o Ring that he supplied FOC. A little later he took the video down off YouTube and removed the O Ring as a spare part that you could also buy.

Yes, you will be able to get an O Ring made to your specifications, but they will be expensive for a limited quantity.

I have taken mine apart and lubricated the o ring with petroleum jelly once. I did this about a year ago. It is from the first batch sold so over 2 years old now.

Thinking with my design cap on, the o ring is probably going to be the only component that needs replacing, so I would probably also design the valve with a non standard O ring that wasn't available off the shelf. I would need repeat business to stay in business. In my business I would have been happy to replace the valve every year tbh, so getting more than 2 years is a bonus. And I'm not the only one.

BTW, I'm old generation and have this inbuilt need to repair rather than throw away. But in the overall view of things, that Univalve has paid for itself many times over. I can't complain. If O rings were readily available then I would replace it, but they aren't. I bought a replacement Univalve for 'stock' but its still still in the spares box.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back