Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Unbelievable Tactics to gain work

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Iron Giant

Staff member
Had a quick look on a local fb selling page one wfp guy claiming that if detergents are used to clean windows they will rot the seals overtime and the glazed units will become blown  :1f602:

YOU NEED A WINDOW CLEANER ...Don't be fooled by just getting your glass cleaned and not your frames and sills cleaned...a property that is cleaned properly can last for years not to mention look good.. A double glazed window when cleaned with detergents for example... (Fairy... Star drops.. Window cleaning solution) will rot the inner seal of the glass in time resulting in blowing the window.. ( condensation between the outer and inner glass).. This will be an expensive mistake to make so.. With a system like mine uses pure water which will never damage.. Rot the windows... I clean once a month it comes with fantastic results..

He is absolutely hammering the local fb page with posts almost every day. I couldn't not comment on his post stating it was was a untrue statement.

County Durham Lad

I’ve come out with some corkers in the past when converting some sceptical customers into wfp but I would only advertise my services based on facts.
Firstly the outer seal will protect the unit from any contact with water or detergent and secondly whilst soap does dry things out(don’t know the scientifics) I have been cleaning certain houses for nearly twenty years traditionally using soap and never had one issue were the seals have “rotted” due to detergents. One of my neighbours once told me when I first started driving not wash my car with dish soap as it will dry and crack the window seals. I never listened and never had any issues. Whilst there may be some truth to it I think that there would have to be some very extreme conditions for it to happen.
Maybe one of the forums science gurus can elaborate?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

He is absolutely hammering the local fb page with posts almost every day. I couldn't not comment on his post stating it was was a untrue statement.

County Durham Lad

Technically most dish soaps have a salt content and if left on it will over time cause rubber to perish.  Hes not lying.... just not being awful honest either.  What he says COULD happen.....does not mean it will. 

The important thing is does it work for him.

If it does, I can't knock him whether he is stretching the truth or not.

Isn't that what advertising is all about, most of it is exaggerated but not necessarily a lie.

Ha that’s mental! Each to their own. Next he’ll be going down the route of “you should get your windows cleaned every month otherwise if the house looks scruffy & run down it’ll be more inviting for burglars and you’ll get broken in to”....

Last year a traditional cleaning firm did something similar claiming the brush broke down the seals when cleaning wfp and put out loads of flyers and marketing with this on.

The federation of window cleaners saw the marketing and went to the trade body for plastics and double glazing who dismissed the statement as not true and factual.

The important thing is does it work for him.

If it does, I can't knock him whether he is stretching the truth or not.

Isn't that what advertising is all about, most of it is exaggerated but not necessarily a lie.

Maybe not all his posts have disappeared. Honesty is always a the best policy you can make somethings seem to or sound a litter better to grab people's attention.

But personally I think scaremongering is out of order it might set some people off in a panic. If household name big firms used scare tactics they would be held to accommodate and have their wristwatch slapped.

County Durham Lad

I have seen loads of people even local to me stretch the truth or even just blatant lie to get work.

I've seen people display accreditations they don't have and I have even seen two or three put pictures up of jobs they don't even clean.

Had a quick look on a local fb selling page one wfp guy claiming that if detergents are used to clean windows they will rot the seals overtime and the glazed units will become blown  :1f602:

YOU NEED A WINDOW CLEANER ...Don't be fooled by just getting your glass cleaned and not your frames and sills cleaned...a property that is cleaned properly can last for years not to mention look good.. A double glazed window when cleaned with detergents for example... (Fairy... Star drops.. Window cleaning solution) will rot the inner seal of the glass in time resulting in blowing the window.. ( condensation between the outer and inner glass).. This will be an expensive mistake to make so.. With a system like mine uses pure water which will never damage.. Rot the windows... I clean once a month it comes with fantastic results..
Got a link to the group?

I would love to put him straight :1f602:

Got a link to the group?

I would love to put him straight :1f602:
I bet you would have mate  :1f602:  , All his posts have completely disappeared their is no history of him at all. So he has either had a short term ban or being kicked off completely 

Back