Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Tap Water Pressure

WCF

Help Support WCF:

RWCleaning

What’s your tap pressure out of curiosity?? 

I’m in Bournemouth, my old house (on the Bournemouth & Poole border) was 35psi out of the garden tap. My new house is 20/22psi!

Had to buy booster pump last November but overall I still don’t produce a lot out of my 600gpd R.O as the booster pump is on a timer switch. 

Ive heard of some places like 70/80ps

I dont know about out the tap as my only pressure gauge is on on my 40 21 ro, after the filters and before the membrane. It goes higher the more the waste valve is closed, but I only let it go up to 55 as any more and the ratio of waste to pure is too dodgy. I make sure theres more waste than pure, say 60/40.

What’s your tap pressure out of curiosity?? 

I’m in Bournemouth, my old house (on the Bournemouth & Poole border) was 35psi out of the garden tap. My new house is 20/22psi!

Had to buy booster pump last November but overall I still don’t produce a lot out of my 600gpd R.O as the booster pump is on a timer switch. 

Ive heard of some places like 70/80ps

These small r/o produce water very slowly. The 450gpd would take around 28 hours to fill a 1000 liter IBC tank, and that was in the summer when the incoming water was warmer. Adding a booster doesn't improve production that much.

I connected up my old 450 about a year ago to remind myself of how slow it produced water as I started to take my 4040 for granted.

My tap psi is 60 and TDS coming out of RO is about 006/007. With booster pump on my pressure is 100psi but TDS only comes down by no more than 001.

I bought a booster because my tap water went down to 20 psi while the water board were working in our area, it was about 40 psi before they started work. I panicked thinking the water pressure was going to be that low forever so I forked out £££ for a booster only to find a couple of weeks later the water pressure had shot up to 60 psi.

Gutted, but at least if the pressure goes down again I'm prepared ?

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s mad how it can vary from area to area (even locally) I had to sort out my R.O & booster pump this week, now it’s 20psi without pump, then 65psi/70psi with booster pump.  But because it’s on a timer switch it still takes 15hrs or so to replenish the 500L I took out to fill my van up as I have a 1000L storage tank. 

20psi at the RO, drove down to Grimsby to get the pure freedom guys to whack a pump on the system. Still not a massive flow out the tap but I’ve tuned it to 80psi at the RO and the fill rate is noticeable faster. They fitted a control box so when the tanks full the solenoid valve turns the pump off aswell. 

650ltr tank but haven’t timed how long it takes to fill, always do it over night. 

Don’t know what mine is but I live at the top of a hill on a new build and the pressure is pants. Don’t bother me though as I’m double di so the slower the better. Although I clean a pub not far from my house and I use their hose and outside tap to blast my pads out cos it’s border line domestic power washer pressure. Don’t know what’s going on there????

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Back