Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Old protective tape on window frames!!!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Tim Osborne

Does anyone have any tips for removing the protective tape on window frames?  The stuff I have to remove is on patio doors and has been there for about 2 years baking in the sun.  When I peal it off it comes off in small chunks!

Thanks for your help.

Goo gone mate, brilliant stuff, type it in on amazon or ebay. Yellow liquid. Bloody amazing at removing anything sticky. Good value for money as well. Also window cleaning warehouse do bottles of adhesive remover that is the dogs, really top notch stuff. It is dearer but both will work just fine [emoji106]

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I’ve tried all the chemicals on the same sort of problem you had and it wasn’t budging. I told the customer I couldn’t do it as it wasn’t worth the time or bother for me. The next option I was going to try was pressure washing it off it was so bad 

Thanks all for your suggestions  I think I will try the heat gun first and see what it does.  Either way I think I'm in for a long day!!

Latest Posts

Back