Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiner swan neck removal

WCF

Help Support WCF:

CWC_999

Hi I’ve seen this questioned before, however now I need the information I’m unable to find it.

My swan head on my Gardiner clx 27 is stuck in - I’ve periodically removed it and cleaned it as I’ve heard this can happen - now it has happened how can I safely remove it without damaging the pole or the swan neck?

The pole is only 8 months old!

Thanks in advance for any assistance

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

What I did was put it in my vice being as delicate as I could and gently pulled the pole and teased it out of the neck. I also rubbed the top of the pole with sandpaper before fitting it.
It's been fine ever since

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Hi I’ve seen this questioned before, however now I need the information I’m unable to find it.

My swan head on my Gardiner clx 27 is stuck in - I’ve periodically removed it and cleaned it as I’ve heard this can happen - now it has happened how can I safely remove it without damaging the pole or the swan neck?

The pole is only 8 months old!

Thanks in advance for any assistance

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
Drop a line to our Customer Service team on [email protected] and they can give you removal advice and arrange to send you a replacement base part to prevent this happening again.

Occasionally a gooseneck can become jammed after prolonged use. To remove this, the best method is as follows:

1. Remove the gooseneck lever set and top part of the gooseneck.
  2. Remove the lever set in the top clamp of the pole.
  3. Extend the top section of the pole and get someone to firmly hold this section.
  4. Fit an adjustable spanner on the circular part of the gooseneck (see photo) and twist the gooseneck around.
  5. Once the gooseneck starts to turn you can also start to pull it outwards.

4. image.png

Back