Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cleaning front of house with hypo

WCF

Help Support WCF:

ashley john

I just ordered 20 litres of sodium hypochlorite off ebay and want to do the front of my house with it. I been looking for a video or article to help me out with safety of it because I live in a terraced street and after I wash it all off will on the pavement etc. Will it harm any pets or anything after I have washed rinsed it down, for example my neighbour has a dog and don't want the dog or anyone walking through it if it will harm them. I've never used it and heard positive things and negative things with it so just wanted to ask people who is generally experienced with using it. Thanks in advance Ashley.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I just ordered 20 litres of sodium hypochlorite off ebay and want to do the front of my house with it. I been looking for a video or article to help me out with safety of it because I live in a terraced street and after I wash it all off will on the pavement etc. Will it harm any pets or anything after I have washed rinsed it down, for example my neighbour has a dog and don't want the dog or anyone walking through it if it will harm them. I've never used it and heard positive things and negative things with it so just wanted to ask people who is generally experienced with using it. Thanks in advance Ashley.

Hi John. Firstly have you acquired all the PPE you need to be mixing and using chemicals like hypo as it is very nasty stuff if used incorrectly or without forward planning.
Gloves. Face mask. Chem respirator. Boots etc etc.

On a thumbs up your not just throwing chems around but asking advice regarding other people's saftey and possible substrate damage with run off.

If you do decide to chem the front of the house (after finding the correct %mixture needed) I would advice you inform your neighbours to close all windows etc and explain what your doing beforehand so they won't open the front door and get chems on them.

Regarding rinsing off onto public area. That can be a bit of a nightmare. You should hazard tape surrounding area off to stop folk walking through area and you could chem sock ground level to reduce the amount of chems on ground. Recommend you apply lots and lots of water to the ground to dilute chemsbyour rinsing off even though they will be spent.

Have a look online at render cleans to give you an idea of what your up against.

Forward thinking about what could go wrong is the best advice and having everything you need in case it does.

Don't want to sound negative but like I said previously hypo is and can be very dangerous.

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Hi John. Firstly have you acquired all the PPE you need to be mixing and using chemicals like hypo as it is very nasty stuff if used incorrectly or without forward planning.
Gloves. Face mask. Chem respirator. Boots etc etc.

On a thumbs up your not just throwing chems around but asking advice regarding other people's saftey and possible substrate damage with run off.

If you do decide to chem the front of the house (after finding the correct %mixture needed) I would advice you inform your neighbours to close all windows etc and explain what your doing beforehand so they won't open the front door and get chems on them.

Regarding rinsing off onto public area. That can be a bit of a nightmare. You should hazard tape surrounding area off to stop folk walking through area and you could chem sock ground level to reduce the amount of chems on ground. Recommend you apply lots and lots of water to the ground to dilute chemsbyour rinsing off even though they will be spent.

Have a look online at render cleans to give you an idea of what your up against.

Forward thinking about what could go wrong is the best advice and having everything you need in case it does.

Don't want to sound negative but like I said previously hypo is and can be very dangerous.

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
Yeah cheers mate I appreciate the help. I don't want to be messing around with it until I know exactly what I'm doing and safe with it. I know someone who just put it on a house neat and then was ill for days lol.

Latest Posts

Back