Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pure freedom controller

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Calibration is basically is to get your pump working and help the pump cut out when you turn the water off with your inline tap or univalve, For a normal Cal setting it should be about 27 but possibly a little for this time of the year through the warmer months, But will need increasing when the cold weather hits otherwise you will extend your pole to cleaning upper windows and the water can stop if the cal is to low.

As for flow rate through the brush head practice on your own windows to see what you are happy with when working everyone's settings are different because we all work a little different to each other and we have older pumps etc

Calibration is basically is to get your pump working and help the pump cut out when you turn the water off with your inline tap or univalve, For a normal Cal setting it should be about 27 but possibly a little for this time of the year through the warmer months, But will need increasing when the cold weather hits otherwise you will extend your pole to cleaning upper windows and the water can stop if the cal is to low.

As for flow rate through the brush head practice on your own windows to see what you are happy with when working everyone's settings are different because we all work a little different to each other and we have older pumps etc
Do you have to fully extend the pole whilst calibration is taking place?

It is recommended. I was told to extend the pole fully, set the water going through the pole, put flow on full, then turn down slowly, till water flowing ok, then leave flow at that setting. That was info I was given. My controller is analogue, so I have the first dial set at 5, the flow is at about 1 o clock if that makes sense, as it is like little lines with no numbers on. 

It is recommended. I was told to extend the pole fully, set the water going through the pole, put flow on full, then turn down slowly, till water flowing ok, then leave flow at that setting. That was info I was given. My controller is analogue, so I have the first dial set at 5, the flow is at about 1 o clock if that makes sense, as it is like little lines with no numbers on. 

Thanks, I have a digital controller so I suppose my calibration would be slightly different!

Thanks, I have a digital controller so I suppose my calibration would be slightly different!
Find the flow you like then use the automatic setting on your digital controller.

Since doing this on mine over nine years ago, I’ve only had to reset it once when I cut my hose reel down a bit ?

Pub time 

Last edited by a moderator:
On the P/F controller there are 2 settings which many window cleaners get confused about.

The first program comes up on the screen when you switch the controller on and is the flow control screen. By increasing the numbers you are just getting the pump to run faster which delivers a quicker flow of water to the brush head.

The second program that you need to get into is the calibration screen and that is the pressure setting where you decide (or the controller decides on automatic) when the controller will switch the pump off.

My PF controller: CAL is set to 45, but I had it set to 55/60 back when it was colder in Feb.

Flow is set to 40. I was told you don't want your flow rate too high as it'll then work like a pressure washer and start splashing the window...not good. But each to their own whatever works for you.

Back