Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wind

If using a ladder anything that causes me to have to fight whilst carrying the ladder if you know what I mean.  

With the pole I just carry on regardless.  If it's literally being pulled from my hands then yes I will sack it off. 

Ladder work and if working on your own don’t risk it. If your on the pole and only doing houses your be fine. If you was doing commercial 60ft cleans then would be a very hard day.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Wind is the worst, makes the window look terrible when they dry out as all the debris blowing around sticks to the waterdroplets and can infact make windows look worse than they were before as I unfortunately saw for myself one day

I don’t carry a meter to measure wind speed we work in the wind but if it’s blowing the dirty water off the sills back onto the glass then we pack up : sometimes just going to other work a few hundred yards away will make all the difference to being able to get out of the prevailing wind , we rearly have to go home just reorganise the days work 

Yeh same, I only do pole work work. And I don’t clean above 30feet so unless it’s blowing an absolute gale I just carry on with the odd strenuous job in the wind. 

I remember working for my old boss, and just before he bought his gutter vac we were still clearing out gutters off ladders, it was generally a calm day but with strong gusts, I was footing the ladder for him, he came down to empty the bucket & move the ladder along, we were talking to each other then all of a sudden the ladder blows backwards, missing the car on the drive by 6/8feet or so. It was like in slow motion. Heart in mouth moment 

Don’t mean to scare anyone, but I would never go up on a ladder on my own on a windy day.

Back