Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

gardiner extreme poles

kevinc250

hi everyone,i'm in the process of upgrading a few things over the next month or so,

I'm already using the mk11 extreme but i'd like to hear about views on the newer extreme before I commit myself to buying one

I've got used to the halfway clamping with my present pole, and perhaps i'm more worried about the wear just under the clamps on these poles is there an issue or am I being paranoid?

I can't compare them to previous versions but my Xtreme 22 V3 has been very good. It has been in constant use as my everyday pole for 16 months. My round is very compact so it gets a lot of use.

I can't compare them to previous versions but my Xtreme 22 V3 has been very good. It has been in constant use as my everyday pole for 16 months. My round is very compact so it gets a lot of use.
That’s handy to know, are you meticulous with maintenance on it?

I passed on buying one this time over fears of it prematurely snapping and costing me loads to keep it going.

I purchased a new extreme 25 about 6 weeks ago.It's a great pole but I have noticed a very, very slight wear below the clamp nothing to worry about or concern me a quick wipe over and you would not notice.

I also have an older extreme 22(with metal band) and in my opinion the older poles last much longer my 22 is about 3-4 years old and still in perfect condition.

The new extremes are great because you can clamp any part on the pole but I would expect the metal band extremes would out last the new ones and that was probably the reason they stoped them.

Go for it.for me personally I will never go back to six's took a gamble on the slx 27 and didn't like it at all.

That’s handy to know, are you meticulous with maintenance on it?

I passed on buying one this time over fears of it prematurely snapping and costing me loads to keep it going.

I'm not meticulous with it. However, I don't often work in rain as I don't have to so I don't get much grit in it. (I live in the dryest county in the UK) I've probably only stripped it down four times since I've had it to give it a thorough clean, retape it and lubricate it with dry lubricant. I love it and I'm saving to replace my longer pole with an Xtreme V3 even though I don't use it a lot.

I purchased a new extreme 25 about 6 weeks ago.It's a great pole but I have noticed a very, very slight wear below the clamp nothing to worry about or concern me a quick wipe over and you would not notice.

I also have an older extreme 22(with metal band) and in my opinion the older poles last much longer my 22 is about 3-4 years old and still in perfect condition.

The new extremes are great because you can clamp any part on the pole but I would expect the metal band extremes would out last the new ones and that was probably the reason they stopped them.

Go for it.for me personally I will never go back to six's took a gamble on the slx 27 and didn't like it at all.

The reason that we stopped selling the Series-2 Xtreme poles was not because they lasted too long - in fact it was the opposite!

When we came up with the prototype X3 poles we found that they were more rigid, could clamp along the whole length, and were longer lasting than the metal band Series-2 poles. We also found that if there was an issue with the metal bands themselves that they were very difficult to service or repair by an end client. We felt that the X3 version were altogether a better ownership and use proposition.

I'm glad that your Series-2 pole has lasted so well for you though.

hi everyone,i'm in the process of upgrading a few things over the next month or so,

I'm already using the mk11 extreme but i'd like to hear about views on the newer extreme before I commit myself to buying one

I've got used to the halfway clamping with my present pole, and perhaps i'm more worried about the wear just under the clamps on these poles is there an issue or am I being paranoid?

I have had each model of extream pole , the 3 point clamping ones I hated with a passion you need to be looking where the pole is going when being extended especially when using the 47 not having to find a tiny 2 inch section to clamp on for this reason I sold them : the latest version is a totaly different animal far more user friendly I have an 18, 25,35 they are good poles but are far more delicate than there slx equivalents I use the 18 as an everyday pole but over 15 months or so have broken 3 top sections and Ime carful when using it , nice pole but it won’t have the longevity of the slx 

Just checked when I first bought my Mk2 Xtreme with metal bands  it was October 2015 didn't realise I've had it that long, Section 3 snapped first within the the first 12 months but I had it replaced for a Mk3 section and its still going. 

But I bought a SLX-22 in December 2016 and have since had to swap section 2 on my xtreme for a SLX section because of damage and had to swap section 1 after it got blown over in a gust of wind and snapped against some scaffolding on a house. 

Section 1 & 2 get the wear the most on a everyday pole and I have used my Xtreme as my sole everyday pole since October 2015, I have considered buying a new MK2 No1 section before they are removed from sale and now maybe a section No2 after writing and reading back on this post. 

Just checked when I first bought my Mk2 Xtreme with metal bands  it was October 2015 didn't realise I've had it that long, Section 3 snapped first within the the first 12 months but I had it replaced for a Mk3 section and its still going. 

But I bought a SLX-22 in December 2016 and have since had to swap section 2 on my xtreme for a SLX section because of damage and had to swap section 1 after it got blown over in a gust of wind and snapped against some scaffolding on a house. 

Section 1 & 2 get the wear the most on a everyday pole and I have used my Xtreme as my sole everyday pole since October 2015, I have considered buying a new MK2 No1 section before they are removed from sale and now maybe a section No2 after writing and reading back on this post. 
I get the impression it’s very much ‘it is what it is’ with these.

very good to work with but just not as long lasting, with some faring better than others depending on usage.

I’ve bought my first xtreme22 a month or 2 ago and always had slx22s but using it my shoulders and neck have improved massively, I’m earning a lot more money too so its paid for itself in no time, regarding the strength of the pole I’ve read all the comments on snapping etc but I’m looking after mine better better then I would if it was slx and if I can get 12-15 months out of it I’ll consider it well paid for, definitely won’t be going back to slx though that’s a great solid pole but for lightness you just can’t beat the xtreme?

Yeh same I suffer with a funny shoulder at times (and not funny ‘haha’) although I don’t use it on every job, as I only bought a 18 extreme. Very light. But for the money I want it to last at least 3yrs if I look after it & maintain it.

I get the impression it’s very much ‘it is what it is’ with these.

very good to work with but just not as long lasting, with some faring better than others depending on usage.
Definitely in all honesty me personally would be very reluctant to buy a new Xtreme or even a SLX now after as the wear rate on the top 2 sections of any pole is the same, Just pleased I have a Mk 2 that I can swap and change sections and its still lighter than a SLX-22 

Latest Posts

Back