Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Anyone heard of Bark

laurend

Hi everyone,

Yesterday I opened my email inbox to find approx 30 emails from “Lisa” “Chloe “ and “Mia “ all claiming to have clients wanting to use my services and that I can access them by signing up to BARK?!

just wondering if any of you guys have had similar.

The funny thing is the emails have come to my personal email which is not linked to my business in any way..

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

They offer leads to a few different companies and you all get to squabble over putting in the cheapest price for a one off terraced house clean that has to be done at 2pm on a Sunday.

Hi everyone,

Yesterday I opened my email inbox to find approx 30 emails from “Lisa” “Chloe “ and “Mia “ all claiming to have clients wanting to use my services and that I can access them by signing up to BARK?!

just wondering if any of you guys have had similar.

The funny thing is the emails have come to my personal email which is not linked to my business in any way..

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
This topic has been discussed several times before. A search will bring up the posts.

Personally, any company bombarding me with emails would get blocked and ignored.

You may not have your 'private' email address linked to your business, but search engines such as Google are extremely good at linking them together. All you have to do is send an email from your private address to your business address and they will link it.

If you are operating both your email addresses from the same computer then they will be attached to the same IP address so easy to link up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just had this happen to me, not one job local also asking for oven cleaners, bathroom cleaned etc 

are they a lead lead generation operation? 

In the last couple of days I have had approx 10 emails.

You need to unsubscribe from emails otherwise you will get bombarded with emails from every employee in bark almost

County Durham Lad

It's a joke when these companies get your info as Spruce says, it's a different matter if you chose to join these sites but how they have the right just to add you to their list without your knowledge is just not right. 

I was thinking it will soon be illegal to put flyers through letterboxes. The homeowner never asked for it to be done. There will soon be a test case and that will set a precedent.

are they a lead lead generation operation? 
They advertise to the end user based on ''lowest price guarantee' type tactics.  They tell the end uses they have cleaners ''fighting' for their business. Certainly not what i'd consider lead generation.  As said above all one off junk.  Usually end of tenancy types. 

If you're looking for genuine leads for ongoing regular customers take a look at the wifes service. She'll find you plenty of work.  

It's Google to blame as mentioned previously. Once I had my new website up and running with a email contact icon I got hammered with spam.

Still in the blocking process of some but typically alleged app companies saying they cannot improve my site etc.

County Durham Lad

So Google reads content of websites and possibly even this forum things mentioned online get processed or harvested

So your business details become public knowledge very fast and and in some past case's usernames what ever they are on here including your email address will become available on Google hence I chose to remain anonymous and have my chosen username.

County Durham Lad

So if you use your business email as your username on here it will show on Google.

Try de-Googling your online life its impossible.

County Durham Lad

Back