Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Most practical 15 vs 21 lpm?

Carts69

Just wondering if a 21lpm washer is more hassle than not, as I understand these need to be barrel fed,I presume with a good supply of water constantly running into a bin or whatever,

can I get some opinions on whether a 15 lpm is more practical & is there really much difference in the cleaning power between the two?

Just wondering if a 21lpm washer is more hassle than not, as I understand these need to be barrel fed,I presume with a good supply of water constantly running into a bin or whatever,
 can I get some opinions on whether a 15 lpm is more practical & is there really much difference in the cleaning power between the two?
Why not get a towable bowser? Mount it on there and then tow it. Get a hydrant licence from the local council and the promote you don't need the customers supply? Plus if its petrol or diesel powered you're totally self sufficient and can't get caught out by say a customer going out and having no power?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

You will struggle to run a 15 ltr off a tap most washers work better running of a barrel we use a 240 ltr wheely bin works a treat I have had a 15 ltr Honda and now have 21 ltr Briggs an Stratton the 21 ltr is so much better and faster if you use a reasonable size buffer tank it’s not a problem with water we link two wheely bins together if water pressure is poor let them both fill whilst setting up and very rarely run out 

Just got my van signed, "Softwashing, Patios & Driveways" and the public are asking me what softwashing is. No one in Scotland has heard of it. Need to get a good pressure washer but I have my 130 bar Makita to practice with. First step will be attempting my own monoblock Patio in my backdoor. Before and after pictures could be good for the website!

You will struggle to run a 15 ltr off a tap most washers work better running of a barrel we use a 240 ltr wheely bin works a treat I have had a 15 ltr Honda and now have 21 ltr Briggs an Stratton the 21 ltr is so much better and faster if you use a reasonable size buffer tank it’s not a problem with water we link two wheely bins together if water pressure is poor let them both fill whilst setting up and very rarely run out 
Cheers, very useful info

Just got my van signed, "Softwashing, Patios & Driveways" and the public are asking me what softwashing is. No one in Scotland has heard of it. Need to get a good pressure washer but I have my 130 bar Makita to practice with. First step will be attempting my own monoblock Patio in my backdoor. Before and after pictures could be good for the website!

Hi - what washer did you go for in the end? Also, do you mind if I quiz you a little about the soft washing? I have placed an order with Benz and have about a dozen quotes to do for my existing garden maintenance customers. I plan to use my berthoud knapsack as it's not anything fancy, just small patios, decking, garden paths etc. 

The Vanguard from Rutland Pumps and today I ordered the twin headed Turbo nozzle and trigger handle (£170) all in, including delivery.

250 bar at 21 lpm but its over 100kgs so too heavy to be lifted in and out of van. 200 bar at 21 lpm should be ok for what you need it for. As for softwashing, I'm using a Pump Sprayer from Screwfix (£20) until I do walls of anything large, I find it nice and easy.

The Vanguard from Rutland Pumps and today I ordered the twin headed Turbo nozzle and trigger handle (£170) all in, including delivery.

250 bar at 21 lpm but its over 100kgs so too heavy to be lifted in and out of van. 200 bar at 21 lpm should be ok for what you need it for. As for softwashing, I'm using a Pump Sprayer from Screwfix (£20) until I do walls of anything large, I find it nice and easy.

Cheers for the info. I have no idea which nozzles to go for, but have sent rutland an email for advice. I do like the idea of a Honda GX390 system but Loncin get good feedback and save a few hundred quid. 

It's not for a full time PW business... really just a dozen jobs a year for garden clients. If I can get away with a 4000psi 15lpm machine it would be much better. Lighter, cheaper etc

21lpm has a greater volume and will get more work done when you look at an 18" flat surface cleaner compared to 20" a 20" being wider means one less pass on a patio or large paved area.

15lpm is approximately 250 bar where most insurance policies only cover you on basic grounds for 200 bar

You'll buy a 15lpm machine then want to buy the bigger 21lpm like my friend squeaky clean Dave who wishes he'd gone for the 21lpm machine 

Latest Posts

Back