Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Forum software update

Gavin

Staff member
Admin
Hi all,

Yesterday I updated the forum software which fixed several bugs and has added several great new features. Some of those I will mention below before I do that though I want to let you know that our app is now fixed! 

After i ran the update as some of you already know it caused the app to log all app users out and not let you log back in. This issue has now been fixed and you can now use the app again. Not got the app? click this link on your mobile device

New features and functions

We now have full support for emoji! within the post editor. Yes if you are on your phone you can use emoji from your keyboard but you can now also use emoji on any device be that a laptop, desktop or whatever right from the post editor. 

You can also change the skin tone of emoji and search for emoji as well as browse by category. 

Create New Topic   Window Cleaning Forums   UK s  1 Window Cleaners Forum.png

Automated moderation

Now before you think we are getting rid of our wonderful moderators think again! We will always have and need moderators on the forum BUT we can not always be here all the time. On the odd occasion, things will slip through the net this is where automated moderation and you the members can help us.

The report button has always been a handy feature but the update has made it much better. We have now created rules within the admin of our forum which means if a post gets reported x amount of times then it will be removed from the forum and sent to us for moderation. This will be very useful for spam that has slipped through or abusive behaviour for example if something gets enough reports from different members it will be hidden from the community and sent to us. If a post has one report then it will work as it did before (the post will remain but we will get the report to take a look). Its the hiding part of this new rule update that helps us really as it means members can help remove bad content from view. 

iPhone App login   Chit Chat   Introductions   Window Cleaning Forums   UK s  1 Window Cleaner...png

NOTE: 

• This does not mean you can go around and report a load of stuff for a laugh and get peoples posts removed, it won't work like that anyway as each post needs to have x amount of unique reports (not just from one member) before it is made invisible and sent to us for further investigation. 
  • No one knows who reported something so don't worry about causing issues if you report a post the only people who know who reported it is me and the moderators. 

iPhone App login   Chit Chat   Introductions   Window Cleaning Forums   UK s  1 Window Cleaner...png

So if you see a post that you feel is not ok, breaks our rules or you feel needs us to take a look at then report it. Again remember we will get the report in the first instance but say for example it's a spam post and 3 different members report it then the post will be hidden as well as us getting the report. 

This forum is all of ours so we can all take a step to look after it now. ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone still getting issues with the app please go to your android settings then applications then find our app and clear it's cache and data. 

Those still having issues on iOS please uninstall and reinstall the app. 

Anyone still getting issues with the app please go to your android settings then applications then find our app and clear it's cache and data. 

Finally got my android tablet working doing this, just have to see if I can show photos, was struggling uploading before.

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Absolutely spot on, cheers

Please follow the above

That's good thought we had another issue then. The uninstall and reinstall / clear app cache and data has worked for everyone so far inluding myself. 

Back