Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Struggling with tds reading

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Dolly

Hi I don't do this as a living just at home and freinds and family.

I have filled my di vessel with tulsion resin but can't get the tds reading lower than 8.

My water from the tap is 185 and through the di its 8/10 and I am getting white spots on the windows when dry.

I have removed,cleaned the pick up pipe etc.

The only thing that I might of done wrong is not put enough resin in as now its compacted down its only 3/4 of the way up the vessel.

can I add more resin to this vessel and do you think this would get the tds down to 0 or is this resin no good now.

Any help much appreciated.

Yes I have slowed the pressure down to just a trickle to see if that helps but its still around 8.

Should I add more resin as its not full to the top its about 3/4 way up the vessel.

Have you got the hose in and out in the right place on the resin vessel? Should say on the top of the resin bottle in and out also make sure its tightened up as this also makes your tds rise. Also give the resin bottle a good shake having 3/4 full wont make a difference. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi and yes I have the in & out in the correct places .

I have just done another reading at a different place and the tap water is 202 and through the di its still 10.

Just wish I could get it to 0 as its leaving some white spots on the windows.

Maybe the di vessel is no good as it was second hand but all looks ok.

Its only a 7 litre vessel.

I did try shaking it which didn't make much difference at all.

Other people in my area get 0 reading so I must be doing something wrong and i purchased what I believed to be the best resin in tulsion.

Many thanks for your replys

Hi and yes I have the in & out in the correct places .

I have just done another reading at a different place and the tap water is 202 and through the di its still 10.

Just wish I could get it to 0 as its leaving some white spots on the windows.

Maybe the di vessel is no good as it was second hand but all looks ok.

Its only a 7 litre vessel.

I did try shaking it which didn't make much difference at all.

Other people in my area get 0 reading so I must be doing something wrong and i purchased what I believed to be the best resin in tulsion.

Many thanks for your replys
Where did you buy your resin from? What colour is it? There been few places selling dodgy stuff as tulsion even when it's not. 

Hi I purchased the tulsion in a 25kg bag which was sealed and clearly marked tulsion etc.

Yes I am using a brand new hose.

In fact at the minute the mains water pressure is going to the vessel and even with no hose attached and just testing it straight from the vessel the reading come in out of it is around 10.

Well it can only be faulty vessel or a bag of resin which i highly doubt. Make sure the vessel lids tight too. Have you used it much as a 7 litre vessel wont last long with a high ppm input 

Hi and no I've never used it at all after filling it with fresh resin.

This is the reading I'm getting from brand new tulsion resin.

After looking at the di I can't see anything in there that would be faulty unless its the down pipe bit etc but everything looks ok and no leaks.

Simple test. Get a bag and wrap it around the bottom filter and insert back into vessel. Turn the tap on and no water should be coming out the outlet. If it is then the internal riser and head are faulty

Just tried the bag thing,

I wrapped a bag around the bottom filter and fixed with a tire wrap.

Inserted back into the vessel and turned tap on.

Nothing cam out to start with and then it come out as tap pressure.

Looked into the di and found that it had split the bag so water pressure must have blown it.

Not sure if this say my di is good or bad.

I purchased it from a friend who buys lots of it and he gets 0 reading from the resin from the same bag.

Thats what I can't understand , maybe i just need to buy a new vessel but a shame as this one looks fine.

Thanks for all your help 

I doubt the vessel has anything wrong with it. Possibly your TDS metre is faulty ? 
I doubt that as I get white spots on the windows 

Maybe just having a reading of near 200 from the tap then the resin won’t get it down to 0 

Okay if your mate has the same vessel then use his head and riser tube to insert into your vessel. If it comes out zero then you know it’s your vessel internals

Okay if your mate has the same vessel then use his head and riser tube to insert into your vessel. If it comes out zero then you know it’s your vessel internals
My mates vessels are a lot larger and hold a lot more resin or I would . I might just have to bite the bullet and buy a new one but it’s a shame as it’s turning out to be very expensive to clean my widows . I should just leave it too the professionals . Only wanted to do it really as the water is that bad here and even cleaning kitchen tiles ( gloss) with any water leaves them white all over 

Back