Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Plastic clean from yesterday

Where get and is it safe on plastic?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

We get it from a farmers supply store , it is safe on plastic provided you dilute it , you do not need a strong mix to clean plastics we use 15% strength and mix it 5 parts water to 1 part hypo , strong mixes will turn plastic yellow or brown but usualy it will return to white after a couple of hours 

Is hypo ok if it goes onto the glass? that's the only thing I would be worried about.

Hypo on glass is fine never ever had a problem provided it’s diluted as said above 

Very helpful - have been
Using tfr for a while usually good but had one recently didnt come up well so good to know

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I used used to use tfr and had some dry on the glass and couldn’t get it off , been using virosol now for around 10 years mix it 10-1 works a treat evan if it dries on the glass it doesn’t hurt , some have said don’t use it on self cleaning glass but we do at the dilution above and never had a problem Evan if it has dried on , it’s good stuff we use it for , conservatory cleans , gfs, really bad first cleans , cladding , industrial buildings , this is a job we did last week took under two hours came up like new and it was badly soiled 

B7C4C91B-34FE-48D1-86CA-8820DC878BCF.jpeg

5D381ECD-FB50-41BD-B221-69FC410D79E0.jpeg

C291C0C1-7846-49E3-A682-2A0EC19DD742.jpeg

D1BA3F0E-185E-436D-8EE0-BCC2AE5153C5.jpeg

I'm cleaning a gutter tomorrow and not been cleaned in a while. Going to use hot water with screwfix degreaser and see how it goes. Bonnyman's up here in Scotland has ran out of hypo.

I'm cleaning a gutter tomorrow and not been cleaned in a while. Going to use hot water with screwfix degreaser and see how it goes. Bonnyman's up here in Scotland has ran out of hypo.
I did some green horrible ones yesterday with cold water and screwfix degreaser thankfully it came up a treat the lower stuff I did with good old jif or if you wanna be posh cif.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile applancashire

I did some green horrible ones yesterday with cold water and screwfix degreaser thankfully it came up a treat the lower stuff I did with good old jif or if you wanna be posh cif.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile applancashire

Bought a few dozen degreaser on screwfix sale at £5.99. I tried it with hot water and the mildew came off easy. Did like the vir-sol until it dried on me and turned everything yellow/orange colour. Sunny tomorrow, means if it dries on me it will stay white.

Wouldn't start with any chems, never had any plastic that didn't clean up perfectly well with hot water. If they don't, and you'll find out straight away, then apply chems. 

Wouldn't start with any chems, never had any plastic that didn't clean up perfectly well with hot water. If they don't, and you'll find out straight away, then apply chems. 

Yes, if it doesn't clean up with the degreasers then its time to replace the pvc cladding. Its nothing to do with us if the home owner fails to maintain their property for decades.

Back