Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

FAST & EFFICIENT WINOW CLEANING SYSTEM

rugbywolf

I have decided, after a long time now, to show how I do window cleaning. It's different from any other way, although it is Traditional. I put it out on You Tube last week, and it has been met with a good response.

Very clever. Does carrying that extra water around with and on you all day not weigh you down? I also guess you'd need a good harness or belt system as the extra weight will be pulling your trousers down all day lol.

Watched this the other day, a very ingenious idea but I wouldn’t like the idea of being all “shackled up”.. 

Would love to know how much time it saves?
I have one very good example. I have two 4-bed semis next to each other, they have the same (upvc) windows which are large, roughly 4ft wide and 5ft high. I start at one corner and work across the front and then go round to the back, completing the circle. I have been doing them now for about 16 years. When I first  started, using applicator and squeegee, it would take me approximately 1hr and 20min, and that's going up and the ladders two at a time. After some years I changed to working with a spray and got I down to 1Hr and 5min. Now, with this system, and being older and going up and down the ladders one at a time, it usually takes about 40 minutes. That is a saving.

That is a great piece of kit you have made, can see how you save time, instead of getting applicator out all the time, just spray and surf that window.  To work with it on a pole at a bit of height, would be good to have a valve closer to the bottle aswell, open the valve on the squeegee, then use valve closer to bottle to spray.  Really is an awesome idea. Would love to try it.

Did you change the angle of the wagtail handle- heat it up and change the angle.

Would love to see how its all set up.  Shame you dont want to make them up to sell.   

It could be the future of Trad window cleaning. When it needs a refil then its tea break or lunch time. I would be selling the pack to people on the forum to get your feed back on it. If its a goer then you could sell mainstream or approach Unger, Moerman or Ettore. In the fullness of time they would just copy your idea so much better patent it this week. Not that expensive to apply for a patent. Good luck m 

H MAN said:
Now see that this is been thought though.

Pros - Cons

Using fresh cleaning solution.

No carrying buckets.

No bucket on a belt.

Could also be used just scrubber in combination with your squeegee (Two handed method).

Able to use scrubbing pads which don’t hold dirt.

Better scrub then standard scrubbing sleeve.

If you have a solenoid valve connected to the pump bottle.

Use wireless remote OFF/ON.

This would enable you to use the Wagtail on a pole, high windows or even shop runs.

Just saying.

I knew you'd get it H Man. I like your assessment! To use it with a pole, you have the stop valve connected around your midriff (on a belt) or at the holding point of the pole. I do use a pole but not very high, the jet from the squeegee will go 5 metres, so I just spray the window and use a normal wag.

Watched it on YouTube earlier this week. I think it’s a great idea. I think the Americans would love it for all the commercial strip malls. It could fly through that work. Proof of concept is there as you have been making money using it for a long time. Why not look to sell it in kits if you don’t fancy making them. Just source all the materials take a middle mans slice of the cake and forward on with a few instructions. Just a thought.

thanks for sharing.

H MAN said:
At the moment we working on wireless remote  ON/OFF switch.

This way can use the Wagtail squeegee with that scrubber on the pole.

You can place (via Velcro) ON/OFF remote on your pole where it easy to use it and like wise on the squeegee handle.

Could also be good ON/OFF switch for WFP work.
I don't do wfp, this whole system is based on Trad, the stop valve has to be very precise; short or long bursts. I deliberately did not want to involve any kind of power or machinery, keeping it self contained.

Back