Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Variflo + controller not calibrating

Cameronmalson1985

I would appreciate some help.my controller won’t calibrate. I watched a video on YouTube and it said turn it on to 30 , left and right button held in and take it down to auto calibrate and it should work. It doesn’t. 

I would appreciate some help.my controller won’t calibrate. I watched a video on YouTube and it said turn it on to 30 , left and right button held in and take it down to auto calibrate and it should work. It doesn’t. 

You have got your pole connected up and the tap open so water will flow through the brush jets haven't you?

We use Varistreams and we also have to hold 2 button in at the same time to access the calibration program. Sometimes it can take 2 or 3 go to get into it as we need to press both buttons at exactly the same time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I got the tap open. For some reason it just don’t seen to calibrate. I calibrate it the other day and was working ok but soon as I turned the tap off and then back on it wouldn’t give me any water , I then took the hose off at the reel and you could hear the pump kicking more and it started working ok but soon as I turned the tap off and back on it just went again. 

If you can't get it sorted then I suggest you email Ian and ask for his help.

[email protected]

A fellow windie has a Purefreedom controller and we were unable to re-calibrate it. It turned out that we had to push both the up and down buttons on that particular one.

When you see the Calc sign C30 then use down arrow to take it to zero then it will auto calibrate. 
I tried that but it don’t work. I’m lost 

If you can't get it sorted then I suggest you email Ian and ask for his help.

[email protected]

A fellow windie has a Purefreedom controller and we were unable to re-calibrate it. It turned out that we had to push both the up and down buttons on that particular one.
I have tried everything. I watched a video and followed it but it still doesn’t work properly. Doing my head in now 

I have an issue with my pump.... I have calibrated correctly but sometimes the pump decides it isn't going to pump water! There are no leaks/air pockets....I have to turn the controller off and on again 5 or 6 times before it decides to behave and then within 2 hours it will stop pumping again!!!

There is an issue with the Univalve and Controllers. The ones I have set up I have had to manually change the settings to get it work properly. This is what I have found. Works fine at low speed but when you increase it it then goes ‘de’. Not knocking the Univalve but I have seen an increase with pump and controller problems with this set up. Something I’m keeping an eye on.

I have an issue with my pump.... I have calibrated correctly but sometimes the pump decides it isn't going to pump water! There are no leaks/air pockets....I have to turn the controller off and on again 5 or 6 times before it decides to behave and then within 2 hours it will stop pumping again!!!
same here 

I bought and fitted second pump if one fails - and the new one sometimes won't start pumping after i open the valve . Starts after I switch the controller off / on .

Bought the pump from pure freedom and sent them an email for advice but didn't get a reply 

There is an issue with the Univalve and Controllers. The ones I have set up I have had to manually change the settings to get it work properly. This is what I have found. Works fine at low speed but when you increase it it then goes ‘de’. Not knocking the Univalve but I have seen an increase with pump and controller problems with this set up. Something I’m keeping an eye on.
I had the same issue after changing my pump. I auto set and it would pulse sometimes. I manually upped it a few number. All ok

Back