Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

19 litre DI Vessel

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Calvin

Hi all. Just purchased a 19 litre Di vessel and some resin. I have an IBC tank that I transfer my pure from to the van each day by means of a submersible pump...can I put this vessel between the submersible pump and the van to polish the water or will it be going through the vessel too quickly to work efficiently?? Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance... 

You might be alright with 8ppm, hard to say until you try.

Personally I’d be putting D.i before the storage tank. Then you just transfer pure water to van. That’s what I do. 

Why not put the di in the van after the pump ??? It will polish off the 8ppm while pumping to the pole ???

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Unfortunately I’m using a backpack at the mo so not possible.... ?

You might be alright with 8ppm, hard to say until you try.

Personally I’d be putting D.i before the storage tank. Then you just transfer pure water to van. That’s what I do. 
So trickling through from the RO through the DI? Won’t that be too slow? Doesn’t it need some pressure to work effectively?? 

No not really, 

when my booster pump is off (as it’s on a timer switch) it’s only 20psi from tap, literally a trickle after the R.O into the d.i, but it’s fine. Coming out at 0ppm atm.

Try and get the d.i on the same height level as the R.O (if that makes sense)

No not really, 

when my booster pump is off (as it’s on a timer switch) it’s only 20psi from tap, literally a trickle after the R.O into the d.i, but it’s fine. Coming out at 0ppm atm.

Try and get the d.i on the same height level as the R.O (if that makes sense)
Brilliant. I think I’ll do it that way then instead. Thanks for your help mate ??

Back