Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

RO DI after tank

WCF

Help Support WCF:

CMcB

Hi guys,

I've benefited a lot from the advice on this forum this past year. Managed to build a decent business with your help! So thanks!

Currently working out of 25l containers and a backpack but looking at a van mount system and have a question

Is it possible to have the water filtered on demand by an RO/DI system? So fill up the tank with tap water then filter it on the job?

The reason being where I fill up from is not secure to leave my van parked overnight or have a hose going to my van and as I understand an RO system is slow.

Currently use a double DI system but need to get an RO as the TDS just jumped from 70 to 250 the past 2 months.

If this has been covered if you could direct me to the thread. Thanks

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Hi guys,
I've benefited a lot from the advice on this forum this past year. Managed to build a decent business with your help! So thanks!
Currently working out of 25l containers and a backpack but looking at a van mount system and have a question
Is it possible to have the water filtered on demand by an RO/DI system? So fill up the tank with tap water then filter it on the job?
The reason being where I fill up from is not secure to leave my van parked overnight or have a hose going to my van and as I understand an RO system is slow.
Currently use a double DI system but need to get an RO as the TDS just jumped from 70 to 250 the past 2 months.
If this has been covered if you could direct me to the thread. Thanks

I'm not to familiar with RO as I have a double DI system, but noticed that your Tds levels had shot up and seems quite high. I had a similar problem where I was always around 60-65 ppm and then increased over a couple of days to 130ppm and was like this for about 6 months and all I can put it down to was a new housing estate being built up the road. Thankfully it's back to normal now but I did use quite a lot of resin.
It might be interesting to see why your levels have gone so high.

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Build a static storage for the RO to produce pure water, and use a bilge pump to move it to the van. Should fill the van in a short time. 

I'm not to familiar with RO as I have a double DI system, but noticed that your Tds levels had shot up and seems quite high. I had a similar problem where I was always around 60-65 ppm and then increased over a couple of days to 130ppm and was like this for about 6 months and all I can put it down to was a new housing estate being built up the road. Thankfully it's back to normal now but I did use quite a lot of resin.
It might be interesting to see why your levels have gone so high.

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
I'm not sure why it's gone up, but it would be good if it went back down

That would be handy, but I live in a flat so no garden to put the tank
Unless you have money to burn then you probably want to steer clear of those types of systems. I believe they do exist but I could be wrong. When I first started out I called ionics on the recommendation of a friend. The chap described a rather expensive system that sounded just like... my mate however reckoned I got it wrong and he was talking about a system that you fill the van with via an onboard RO.

Any close friends or family, not on a water meter who would give you loan of a little bit of space?

Latest Posts

Back