Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Recommendations for WFP Backpack & Pole?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Pure Freedom trolleys may be pricey but they're built to last. If you're planning to go long term with a trolley they are hard to beat. They will also give you a better flow should you want it than a backpack unless you upgrade the pump in the backpack. However, if you do I'm not sure how the electronics would fair with the extra load of a more powerful pump. I personally have never got the flow I want from a backpack.

Gardiner back pack & Gardiner CLX 22. That was my set up (I also bought a clx 10 as I picked up bungalows very quickly) 

A CLX 22 will reach all gutters & fascias on most normal ‘urban area’ houses. 

Clx (Red poles) Are the cheapest pole from Gardiner, good for beginners on limited budget. After 6/12 months treat yourself to a Slx. 

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Gardiner's or water genie, I use water genie and I'd say it's point for point in comparison with Gardiner's,both with backpack and pole

Save yourself a load of hassle get a slx so wont really need to upgrade a few months down the line. If you have a small car or van go for slx 27 its a short collapsed pole.

I agree with most of the comments on hear Gardiners back pack on a sack truck , as for pole size I would say that would depend on the type of properties you will be cleaning I wouldn’t want to use a 27 foot pole all day unless I was doing 3 storey houses all day depending what you are cleaning I think a 22-25 would probebly do you get the six if you can afford it if not the clx is a good starter pole 

Last edited by a moderator:
That's the set up I have recently got and must say the products are quality. But they do fetch a premium when it comes to price 

Before Gardiners started as a wfp supplier you should have seen the cost of carbon fibre poles being sold by Facelift. Probably one of the reasons Brodex (and a few others) did so well with their ali poles. Tucker used ali poles for years but their clamps apparently were their achilles heal. Back in those days Gardiners brought an affordable carbon fiber pole to the masses. Alex is to the wfp industry what Henry Ford was to the motor industry.

Most windies used fiber glass poles in those early days. Some of us converted carbon fibre fishing modular poles into poles for window cleaning. To stop them seizing together, we used ducktape around the female end of the taper. The first SL2's from Gardiners were made using the same principle.

Back