Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Info on backpack pure water

Kev195859

hi first time on here been doing windows since 16 now 60 done all sorts cradle work industrial been on houses last 15 years last week saw a window cleaner with a pure water backpack he left before i could ask him if they any good i have always used a ladder but was thinking of getting a backpack with pure water but do not know much about them any help would be great 

Last edited by a moderator:
hi first time on here been doing windows since 16 now 60 done all sorts cradle work industrial been on houses last 15 years last week saw a window cleaner with a pure water backpack he left before i could ask him if they any good i have always used a ladder but was thinking of getting a backpack with pure water but do not know much about them any help would be great 
First of all welcome to the forum, backpacks are great for tradders to get the awkward window/3rd storey window. I use one most of the day 6 days a week and it's great, but I'm 29 and reasonably fit, when full they are heavy (at a guess 35-40kg and the barrels are 25kg full. 

Now to the technical bit...

Pure water...

First you need to know your TDs reading. Only way to do this is to buy one from a decent supplier. If your TDs is under 100 you can get away with a DI vessel only setup, cheap to set up but cost more to run long term. If it's over 100 and you intend to use it a fair bit you'll need an RO, lot more expensive to set up but cheaper to run.

Backpacks...

There are a few on the market, with varying quality. Best ones as far as I can tell is tge water genie backpack from the cleaning warehouse, and Gardiner's backpack from Gardiner pole systems. Both around £100. Bungee it onto a trolley to help your back out and it'll be fine.

Containers...

Any 25l plastic containers will do as long as they thoroughly cleaned. Pick them up from the local car wash, or buy for £5 each online.

Pole...

This is where the more you spend the better you get. Avoid aluminium and fibreglass like the plague, and get the most expensive you can. A 22/25/27 are good all rounder lengths. Your choices are either hybrid/composite or carbon fibre. In my eyes there are only 2 brands worth looking at, Gardiner's clx/slx and water genies Barracuda/viper.

Hope this helps any question just ask, or use the search option, most questions have been asked before.

First of all welcome to the forum, backpacks are great for tradders to get the awkward window/3rd storey window. I use one most of the day 6 days a week and it's great, but I'm 29 and reasonably fit, when full they are heavy (at a guess 35-40kg and the barrels are 25kg full. 
Now to the technical bit...
Pure water...
First you need to know your TDs reading. Only way to do this is to buy one from a decent supplier. If your TDs is under 100 you can get away with a DI vessel only setup, cheap to set up but cost more to run long term. If it's over 100 and you intend to use it a fair bit you'll need an RO, lot more expensive to set up but cheaper to run.
Backpacks...
There are a few on the market, with varying quality. Best ones as far as I can tell is tge water genie backpack from the cleaning warehouse, and Gardiner's backpack from Gardiner pole systems. Both around £100. Bungee it onto a trolley to help your back out and it'll be fine.
Containers...
Any 25l plastic containers will do as long as they thoroughly cleaned. Pick them up from the local car wash, or buy for £5 each online.
Pole...
This is where the more you spend the better you get. Avoid aluminium and fibreglass like the plague, and get the most expensive you can. A 22/25/27 are good all rounder lengths. Your choices are either hybrid/composite or carbon fibre. In my eyes there are only 2 brands worth looking at, Gardiner's clx/slx and water genies Barracuda/viper.

Hope this helps any question just ask, or use the search option, most questions have been asked before.
Fantastic thanks very helpful

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Back