Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Boss poles carbon.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

dredge3

Have anyone tried the Boss carbon poles yet. Hes giving me a good deal. Sick of my SLX wearing by the clamps after 1 year.

The pole weight is about the same as my SLX18. Not so sure about the clamps

Have anyone tried the Boss carbon poles yet. Hes giving me a good deal. Sick of my SLX wearing by the clamps after 1 year.

The pole weight is about the same as my SLX18. Not so sure about the clamps

They don't show a picture of a clamp do they? I've never heard of them.

Their specs say "easy change clamp". I know what that means but does it imply what I first think it implies?

When son in law worked with us he was an equipment abuser. His SLX22 pole lasted 4 years of zero maintenance and using the old Gardiner clamps. On 2 ocassions I sprayed a few thin coats of engine lacquer on the ends as it wore. (He never adjusted his clamps.)

When he left us I 'inherited' the pole. I fitted new smart clamps and sprayed the sections with engine laquer. I had to cut the end of one sections as it had started to split. Its been in service with us now for about 2 years, so despite its treatment, its still going strong after 6 years It just needed a bit of tlc.

We bought an early model SLX25 for my son to use in 2008. We replaced it 2 years ago as a section was so thin it started to split. So the cost of a replacement pole isn't much when considered over a 6 or 7 year period, even if you have to replace clamps now and then.

i believe theyre made and sold my bladeright window cleaning whos always on the facebook pages, seem to be getting alot of good reviews and im constantly seeing comments of made up of better grade carbon than gardiner poles apparantly!

look interesting but like every pole that comes out and gets raved about i'll wait and see how they are in a year or two or being out and used.

for now i'll stick to my xtreme that i recently bought and found absolutely amazing!

The clamps look bulky.

He was massaging me on FaceBook. First night said he give me a price when in office next day. ...fine

Then I was asking him about the brushes. He said its only 300g. I said I use 105 and 160g gardiner brush. Don't care how long it lasts. Weight is a must.

Then he said he was playing darts and never got back to me......ill stick with Gardiner. Cant do with rubbish customer service

Paint by Numbers from CNER Advanced... tick the boxes, choose your name, configuration and numbers Voila... new pole on market. To be fair they will be fine. Clamps are CNER... we have MAXXIS in NZ, Aero in Oz,  Xero and Tucker and others in US. Gardiner in UK ( I am talking pole sections only as some companies have developed their own clamps)... and these are only the ones I’m familiar with  I’d suggest many of the other poles roll out of the same facility..so, no biggie, BUT, more importantly what is the seller back up and support like? I’d have no issues dealing with Lee if I was UK based. I’ve dealt with him in the past for smaller stuff and he’s been very efficient and professional.

6 hours ago, Eric Gilliand said:

Paint by Numbers from CNER Advanced... tick the boxes, choose your name, configuration and numbers Voila... new pole on market. To be fair they will be fine. Clamps are CNER... we have MAXXIS in NZ, Aero in Oz,  Xero and Tucker and others in US. Gardiner in UK ( I am talking pole sections only as some companies have developed their own clamps)... and these are only the ones I’m familiar with  I’d suggest many of the other poles roll out of the same facility..so, no biggie, BUT, more importantly what is the seller back up and support like? I’d have no issues dealing with Lee if I was UK based. I’ve dealt with him in the past for smaller stuff and he’s been very efficient and professional.

Hi Eric

Just to clarify on your above post.

CNER are not and never have been any part of our pole construction facilities.

We prefer to stick with the same private partner factories in the UK and China for our pole and clamp construction. Our partner factories do not make poles for any other window cleaning pole suppliers. We have always felt that we can better maintain quality and innovation control over the product stream if we work directly on the production rather than using a outside pole supplier such as CNER.

We are very familiar with CNER though, as apart from them wanting to make our poles for us in the past,  we unfortunately had to take legal action against one of their production partners for a patent infringement on our patented clamps.

Hi Alex, I stand corrected for the error in my post in attributing CNER as your pole supplier. I am unable to edit the post but extend apologies for this misinformation. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Back