Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

where does the resin vanish

Iurie

probably a daft question but is it normal for resin to "vanish" from its cartridge ?!  Over 6 years I just keep adding  resin every now and again and it doesn't bother me really but it would ve been nice to know : ) 

I reckon the resin escapes through the mesh and ends up in my van , at the bottom of the tank ?!  however I never noticed resin in the water .. 

ok  Cheers 

:)

What type of jet do you have? The resin might have gone through the entire system ending up on the glass. It happens, but it seems you have more of it than should be, is your DI tightly closed?

it is properly closed and there is the sponge which should keep the resin in , I also added a fine fabric (from a pillow case haha) on both ends (in/out)  and nothing changed 

I got used to that already - initially I thought the resin melts lol 

To be honest I noticed this last time I changed my resin.

Now I know it's not in my head, where does it go? I have no leaks but when it was time to change there was less in the vessel than what I originally put in there.

When I first started in 09 I was told by my installer to run the system for 10 minutes after a resin change because it will appear in the water and end up on the glass if you don't. 

True to he's words - When I change the resin and fill up a glass its cloudy so I would run the system for 10 minutes fill the glass again afterwords to see the water free from resin, where the hell does my resin go after eight weeks??

Last edited by a moderator:
Back