Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

100 PSI Pump capable of Running a Double DI Setup

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hello all!

Hope your having a nice Saturday evening. Looking for some advice.

I'm looking at purchasing a second DI vessel and going down the double DI route, as I feel I'll get a lot more life out my resin that what. My only worry is my set up is DI after tank, before reel. I've got a 100 psi pump (normally got it set around 40) and just wondering if it would be able to cope with a extra DI vessel to push through. 

Has anyone used this set up and have any advice? If that pump isn't suitable then I can always use old resin to DI into the tank, then new stuff to finish it off before use. A lot more hassle, though.

Thank you, Alexandros.

The easiest thing to do is put the vessel with the old resin in-between the tap and the hose to the van.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Your pump will be just fine. I have run the same set up for around 14 years without issue. DI vessels present very little resistance to flow providing the internal strainer (slits) are kept clean and free from any blockages.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I use double DI on the van and the pump copes absolutely fine buddy. My setup is the same as in tank to di then reel

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Your pump will be just fine. I have run the same set up for around 14 years without issue. DI vessels present very little resistance to flow providing the internal strainer (slits) are kept clean and free from any blockages.  
So, its been months but set up the double DI today. Hadn't realised this was as far back in May! Had a few issues getting it set up but running like normal now (took me a hour to cut a piece of hose the perfect size). Looking forward to using it properly next week and hopefully see some savings. Thanks again for advice!

IMG_2294.JPG

So, its been months but set up the double DI today. Hadn't realised this was as far back in May! Had a few issues getting it set up but running like normal now (took me a hour to cut a piece of hose the perfect size). Looking forward to using it properly next week and hopefully see some savings. Thanks again for advice!

View attachment 14945
Looks good mate.

My only criticism is, you shouldn’t start a sentence with ‘so’ ?

The easiest thing to do is put the vessel with the old resin in-between the tap and the hose to the van.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums
I used to do this but means leaving an expensive di vessel in the garden and when winter comes its exposed to freezing conditions which can damage it. Plus blasting tap pressure water through it will spoil the resin quicker. Ive now put mine in my van. 

Looks good mate.

My only criticism is, you shouldn’t start a sentence with ‘so’ ?
So you're basically Victor Meldrew by the sound of it ?

View attachment 14945
Do you get any leaks? I've a couple of these and I find the bit where you screw the connection in doesn't allow the connection in straight and they leak a little. I tried all sorts, loads of PTFE and I only get a very small leak but the connection isn't straight.

Last edited by a moderator:
So you're basically Victor Meldrew by the sound of it ?

Do you get any leaks? I've a couple of these and I find the bit where you screw the connection in doesn't allow the connection in straight and they leak a little. I tried all sorts, loads of PTFE and I only get a very small leak but the connection isn't straight.
I think I do get a small leak, yeah, unfortunately. Same as you, tons of PTFE. Though I still think it’s worth it even with the leak. I’ve since jammed a old piece of wood in between them as I found they shifted while in transit and put strain on the small connection in between. Time will tell how it all holds up. I’ll get it figured out eventually, lol! ?

I think I do get a small leak, yeah, unfortunately. Same as you, tons of PTFE. Though I still think it’s worth it even with the leak. I’ve since jammed a old piece of wood in between them as I found they shifted while in transit and put strain on the small connection in between. Time will tell how it all holds up. I’ll get it figured out eventually, lol! ?
I used to run on double DI only, my double DI now is going after the RO. I used to get them out at each job to stop the van getting too wet but it was a real ball ache! I changed the heads on them both and the dripping now is extremely slow, it drys on the floor of the garage in an hour or so. I considered making a drip tray for them but it doesn't seem worth it. The screw threads on the lid are extremely poorly made, even had a plumber look at them and he said if it was something he had purchased he would send it back, no amount of PTFE will seal it because the connection will never go in straight. If they ever find a fix for it i'll upgrade though

I used to run on double DI only, my double DI now is going after the RO. I used to get them out at each job to stop the van getting too wet but it was a real ball ache! I changed the heads on them both and the dripping now is extremely slow, it drys on the floor of the garage in an hour or so. I considered making a drip tray for them but it doesn't seem worth it. The screw threads on the lid are extremely poorly made, even had a plumber look at them and he said if it was something he had purchased he would send it back, no amount of PTFE will seal it because the connection will never go in straight. If they ever find a fix for it i'll upgrade though
Ahh I got ya. Mine stay in the van permanently but it’s all fibreglassed and just runs out the side. Mate of mine is going RO route but I don’t think it’s worth it for me. Our water is about 75ppm so DI works the treat. 

Back