Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Keeping residential quotes

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Green Pro Clean Ltd

As the title says this is about residential work not commercial.  

On Cleaner Planer it gives the option to store quotes, then later switch them to 'active jobs' if they come to fruition. 

My question is do you bother to keep your residential quotes or do you just toss them on the grounds that only maybee 2 in 10 will actually call after having 'checked with the husband' 

Reason for asking is I am noticing an upturn in 'slow responders' as in people I did quotes for 2, 3 or even 4 months ago now wanting to sign up.  

So yay or nay on storing as much info as possible? 

Maybe add a "quote is good for X months" and delete it after that time? It would clutter my system if I kept all quotes indefinitely, and prices change constantly so in 6 months it would probably be higher.

I think it’s a good idea to keep quotes. I use a little diary for quotes. Ask the date of their quote and flick back to check what it was. They only go into the system once they come on board. Also quotes are saved in their details if any clients ask for a add on price for driveway, gutters, etc

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

As the title says this is about residential work not commercial.  

On Cleaner Planer it gives the option to store quotes, then later switch them to 'active jobs' if they come to fruition. 

My question is do you bother to keep your residential quotes or do you just toss them on the grounds that only maybee 2 in 10 will actually call after having 'checked with the husband' 

Reason for asking is I am noticing an upturn in 'slow responders' as in people I did quotes for 2, 3 or even 4 months ago now wanting to sign up.  

So yay or nay on storing as much info as possible? 
I’m a bit old school & have them all on paper as I don’t like the idea of having everything as data in case it gets wiped. I will now be keeping copies for a few months before shredding. Quoted one a month ago and she only accepted it yesterday. A good idea also is to actually have the quote stored in your phone next to their telephone number. That way when I’ve shredded the paper copy I always have a rough idea for the future so when you look their contact details up it says e.g.
Mr & Mrs .... ,
Tel 07.....
Gutter clearance £
Jet wash patio £
Windows first clean £ regular £
I just find it useful. Hope this helps

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I provide quotes mostly through facebook which even when I mark the messages as done fb still store the message so if someone gets back to me months down the line it's all their, Another bonus off the subject a little I had a client cancel a direct debit and they gave a excuse but didn't seem willing to pay until I told them I had message/quote and threatened legal action. 

Other quotes are provided via direct email contact which I place in a folder for a while and just delete when I remember if they don't become a active job, I only used CP for quotes on commercial jobs which I have mostly dropped now and will no doubt drop completely in the next 6 months 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back