Share Our Forum With Your Friends!
Josh Foster

how to get them first customers

hi looking to hopefully start window cleaning for myself as a sole trader.i know this questions gets asked a lot. i have the equipment squeegees, applicators cloths all the stuff i need i just dont know how to start like getting the customers do i make and order leaflets, do i go out and knock on peoples doors. if so any advice on how to do this would be appreciated. i know i want get a round overnight or even in a couple weeks or months i just need that little bit of guidance. I only clean my parents windows but being doing it for a couple of years now and think i can do a decent job. if i was to do this i would offer a full service which would include cleaning the glass the frames the window sills. even trying to get the upvc back to white if they were bad. anyway i am rambling a bit now if someone could just give me that bit of advice that would be great. thanks for reading. any help much appreciated thanks in advance

Report PostReport post

Get leaflets or flyers printed then go knocking doors. Look for streets with upstairs windows looking bit dirty. Someone in give them your spiel, and leaflet,no one in leave your leaflet

Not rocket science.........but you will get more no,s then yesses....how the game works, remember in football, the best strikers are the ones who shoot at goal most, not every one goes in the back of the net, but more tries more goals!!!!, like door knocking/canvassing.

Report PostReport post

Oh...and when you do a job for a customer...do a decent job.....then you get recomendations........and also neighbours watching see you doing decent job, are more inclined to use you...especially after seeing you turn up two or threetimes on the street.

Report PostReport post